Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#268574 - 03/26/14 12:28 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: AbramSearcy]
cliff Offline
Sultan of Spiffy
Enthusiast

Loc: Louisiana
OK then...

Yes, this appears to be spam. But I'm not deleting it as an object lesson - don't skimp on the language translation software.

"Bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world" - that there takes some skillz.

#268576 - 03/26/14 01:25 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Spammers intentionally use gibberish like that to confuse anti-spam software.

#268581 - 03/26/14 02:39 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: Eugene]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Put that through the right encryption software and you may be able to break the code. Looks like lots of words masquerading as thought.

#268601 - 03/26/14 07:52 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: cliff]
buckeye Offline
life is about the journey

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: cliff
OK then...

Yes, this appears to be spam. But I'm not deleting it as an object lesson - don't skimp on the language translation software.

"Bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world" - that there takes some skillz.

I'll PM Blast to see if he can remove it.

I have no interest in or affiliation to any of the products or services I may mention. Should I ever, I will clearly state so.

#268613 - 03/26/14 10:29 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: buckeye
I'll PM Blast to see if he can remove it.

Think of Blast as the Sheriff and me as his patrol deputy. Around The Campfire is my beat. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have a concern.

chaosmagnet

#268660 - 03/28/14 01:53 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
pworks36 Offline
Stranger

Loc: Florida
I bought a Rolex Explorer back in B.C. days (before children). It started losing minutes per day so I have set it aside until I can get it maintained (yes, about $750 so it may be a a while). In the interim (however long that may be) I have found the automatics at CountyComm to be very satisfactory. The "superluminova C3" (I had to look this stuff up) is exceptionally bright with only minimal sun (or flashlight) time. Frankly I don't have a lot of operational need for tritium. The watch has proven to be very durable and I am very fond of the clean dial. It has proven water resistant and accurate (ca. +/- 30 sec per day . I have the Maratac Pilot original (with the triangle at the 12 o'clock position). Usual disclaimer, not affiliated etc. Just sharing my experience.

#268903 - 04/09/14 09:32 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Somewhere in this thread are comments regarding the CountyComm MARATAC™ PILOT AUTOMATIC WATCH. I had been looking for another automatic watch and based on those comments I ordered one. I'm wearing it now and so far it's keeping time. Very clean, plain, almost Spartan dial; I like it. I set the time and will give it a few days to see how well it does re fast/slow. Time will tell ... lol

#268914 - 04/10/14 03:26 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
chickenlittle Offline

Loc: Canada
Timex expedition, a nice inexpensive analog face quartz movement.
The only extra features are the indiglo lighting and the date window.

It is easy to read, keeps good time, it is easy to reset, and it is reasonably durable.

#268928 - 04/10/14 02:35 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: chickenlittle]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: chickenlittle
Timex expedition, a nice inexpensive analog face quartz movement.
The only extra features are the indiglo lighting and the date window.

I just bought a Timex Expedition a couple weeks ago, too. It's a nice field-type watch that is inexpensive enought that I won't mind beating it up. A bit heavier than I expected but I like the feel of the extra heft. No complaints. Haven't tried submerging it yet.

Oh, and having that Indiglo feature on an analog watch is really handy! Sometime you feel a little helpless having an expensive analog watch and you can't tell the time because it's too dark.

#269486 - 04/26/14 10:00 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: barbakane]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted By: barbakane
Stick with an automatic, self winding all stainless steel model rated at AT LEAST 200 meters water resistant. Most of mine are below $120 when on sale. Auto's when properly cared for will outlast you, and no battery needed.
It's the "when properly cared for" that undermines it for me. They have moving parts, which need oil, which can turn to gloop. Many experts recommend getting automatics serviced every 5 years, or less. Servicing can cost hundreds of dollars. Solar powered watches do use batteries that will fail eventually, but in practice they will last a lot longer than 5 years.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.