Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#268496 - 03/23/14 09:56 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
barbakane Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
Stick with an automatic, self winding all stainless steel model rated at AT LEAST 200 meters water resistant. Most of mine are below $120 when on sale. Auto's when properly cared for will outlast you, and no battery needed. Make sure you get one with a screw down crown, just another way to keep the water resistance intact. I had an automatic "dive watch", three hand, rated as a dive watch, went to the water park and got the movement wet. Ruined the timepiece. Since then, if the watch doesn't have a screw down crown, it's a deal breaker. Stick with a brand name, since their customer service will be better. I don't need barometer, temperature, compass, stopwatch, toothpick, seismograph, geiger counter, spatula, or tire iron with my watch. About the only complication I go with is a date display, but it's not mandatory. A good auto and a decent quartz are all you really need. But I have a "sickness", and consider just one watch for everything almost as bad as having to eat the same food day after day. Variety is the spice of life.

#268500 - 03/24/14 12:30 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: barbakane]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
I've been dying to find an auto watch w/ tritium hands (including second hand), for a relatively reasonable price.

For example, Citizen's Eco Drive can be almost $100 for basic models on Amazon, but they don't offer tritium on any watch (that I can tell).

Almost all tritium watches I see are battery powered, or running north of $700.

Given that you can find basic tritium watches around $200, why in the world are they charging so much?

#268508 - 03/24/14 03:00 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: MDinana]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Given that you can find basic tritium watches around $200, why in the world are they charging so much?

An Automatic Mechanical watch with a Miyota 8215 movement for $259

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyota_8215

http://www.amazon.com/DeTomaso-DT2027-B-...ywords=DT2027-B

#268520 - 03/24/14 06:57 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
barbakane Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
You will be VERY hard pressed to find anything even REMOTELY close to this deal...auto T100 tritium tubes, built like a tank. Have ten Androids and they are FANTASTIC watches, and best bang for the buck....no affiliation.

http://www.android-usa.com/product-p/ad593bbu.htm

#268522 - 03/24/14 07:19 PM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: barbakane]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Man, if that 45mm hadn't sold out ....

#268552 - 03/26/14 03:00 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: barbakane]
buckeye Offline
life is about the journey

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: barbakane
You will be VERY hard pressed to find anything even REMOTELY close to this deal...auto T100 tritium tubes, built like a tank. Have ten Androids and they are FANTASTIC watches, and best bang for the buck....no affiliation.

Wow, I better get an evening job to supplement my daily income. laugh

That does look nice. Maybe I need to put some dollars away and try and be an extra good boy this year and maybe Santa will surprise me.

I have no interest in or affiliation to any of the products or services I may mention. Should I ever, I will clearly state so.

#268561 - 03/26/14 05:19 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Originally Posted By: buckeye

Wow, I better get an evening job to supplement my daily income. laugh

That does look nice. Maybe I need to put some dollars away and try and be an extra good boy this year and maybe Santa will surprise me.

A couple days ago at that same link, that watch was on sale for something around $200. Now, it's at the regular price of $450.

#268562 - 03/26/14 05:22 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: barbakane]
buckeye Offline
life is about the journey

Loc: Ohio

So, I'm out browsing the site in your link and come across one that i think, "wow, I really like that one" (not noticing the price).

Click on the image and then I surely notice it. blush

I have this knack; the one I seem to like most out out of various choices, it's almost always the most expensive one. cry

I have no interest in or affiliation to any of the products or services I may mention. Should I ever, I will clearly state so.

#268566 - 03/26/14 05:41 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Originally Posted By: buckeye

So, I'm out browsing the site in your link and come across one that i think, "wow, I really like that one" (not noticing the price).

Click on the image and then I surely notice it. blush

I have this knack; the one I seem to like most out out of various choices, it's almost always the most expensive one. cry

The price is because of the diamonds. They have similar watches without the diamonds.

#268567 - 03/26/14 08:34 AM Re: Watches - What are you wearing these days [Re: buckeye]
AbramSearcy Offline
Stranger

Spam removed.

chaosmagnet

Edited by chaosmagnet (03/26/14 10:27 PM)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.