The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#268068 - 03/14/14 08:11 AM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
They poo-pooped meteor strikes until that one in Russia last year. It is improbable but not impossible.

This aircraft disappearance is looking to become a bigger mystery than the aircraft which struck the world trade centre or the Pentagon on the 11th September 2001, the shoot down of TWA 800 or even the Lockerbie Pan Am Flight and the hunt for its missing nuclear payload or even the air crash of Payne Stewart after his Golfing visit to Cuba just after Hurricane Irene.

As for the 3 day late Malaysian Supposed RADAR contact of an aircraft without an active commercial airliner Transponder, overflying one of the worlds most important shipping routes, that wasn't investigated at the time, I found a little hard to believe considering the Su30s and F-18s that the Air force has available for an intercept, especially shortly after this would have been after the disappearance/loss of contact of one of the countries commercial airliners.

Someone isn't telling what they know.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (03/14/14 08:12 AM)

#268069 - 03/14/14 01:08 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca
Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor
[quote]As for the 3 day late Malaysian Supposed RADAR contact of an aircraft without an active commercial airliner Transponder, overflying one of the worlds most important shipping routes, that wasn't investigated at the time, I found a little hard to believe considering the Su30s and F-18s that the Air force has available for an intercept, especially shortly after this would have been after the disappearance/loss of contact of one of the countries commercial airliners.

Someone isn't telling what they know.

i seem to have missed something. would you please explain the above paragraph or cite a source. thanks.

#268070 - 03/14/14 02:12 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: JBMat]
RNewcomb Offline

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: JBMat
As no one else is saying what some of us are thinking -

Scenario A - Hijack by external elements, plane is forced to fly to some remote spot and lands; or crashes at sea, straight in.

Scenario B - Hijack with pilot's help. Lands some remote place. Passenger's fate unknown, plane to be used at a later time for a terroristic mission.

Just thinking out loud.

From what I have read this morning, they are thinking it may have made some turns after the transponders were turned off. Someone was in control.

I think your right on, it's Scenario A, Or B, or a combination of both. I think they had Pilot's help, I think this may turn into a big hijacking/kidnapping scheme for asylum... and I suspect the planes somewhere in the indian ocean as Indian authorities say no plane could have approached the islands identified w/o being seen on radar and not being heard/seen.

This is definitely unprecedented. I hope, pray, these people are alive and ok. That would be an incredible story to tell.

#268071 - 03/14/14 02:23 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

This aircraft disappearance is looking to become a bigger mystery than the aircraft which struck the world trade centre or the Pentagon on the 11th September 2001, the shoot down of TWA 800 or even the Lockerbie Pan Am Flight and the hunt for its missing nuclear payload or even the air crash of Payne Stewart after his Golfing visit to Cuba just after Hurricane Irene.

To say nothing of the grandaddy (grandmother?)of them all -Amelia Earhart.

One has to love the smell of runaway speculation in the morning....

#268074 - 03/14/14 02:52 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: hikermor]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: hikermor
... To say nothing of the grandaddy (grandmother?)of them all -Amelia Earhart.

Taking all that we think we know, Charles Hugh Smith who blogs on oftwominds.com lays out his analysis in What Happened to Flight 370? An Analysis of What Is Known . One key thought is that:
Quote:
...Either that, or some key data that has been released as fact is actually false....
You don't know what you don't know. People who do know deliberately hold back information all the time because of security or because they are embarrassed or for a number of other reasons -- basically they don't want us to know or they don't want to confirm what we think we know. We can't take everything at face value.

#268078 - 03/14/14 03:50 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Russ]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Malaysian Officials are now denying that the Rolls Royce Data Centre did not receive the engine management data 4 to 5 hours after the last known position of the aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIYBgZNrsg

It would be interesting to see this non existent data which will be measuring engine inlet time stamped temperatures and pressures (hence altitude profile etc) or even knowing the time when Rolls Royce contacted Malaysian Airlines of inform them that there Jets engines have suddenly failed or that there was loss of the engine performance data stream communications.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (03/14/14 03:55 PM)

#268080 - 03/14/14 04:12 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Russ]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
Originally Posted By: hikermor
... To say nothing of the grandaddy (grandmother?)of them all -Amelia Earhart.

Taking all that we think we know, Charles Hugh Smith who blogs on oftwominds.com lays out his analysis in What Happened to Flight 370? An Analysis of What Is Known . One key thought is that:
Quote:
...Either that, or some key data that has been released as fact is actually false....
You don't know what you don't know. People who do know deliberately hold back information all the time because of security or because they are embarrassed or for a number of other reasons -- basically they don't want us to know or they don't want to confirm what we think we know. We can't take everything at face value.

You also don't want to release information until you have confirmed it is accurate. You don't want to cause panic, wild speculation, knee-jerk reactions, etc.

Edited by Eugene (03/14/14 04:12 PM)

#268085 - 03/14/14 05:21 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Eugene]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Eugene
You don't want to cause panic, wild speculation, knee-jerk reactions, etc.

You mean like what we've been doing? whistle

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

But you have to admit, the story gets "curious-er and curious-er" as more details are revealed. I vote that the plane was diverted to some little island in the Indian Ocean, and some or all of the passengers and crews are "re-educated" and then they are miraculously found a couple weeks from now adrift in the plane's lifeboats. Think Manchurian Candidate.

#268086 - 03/14/14 05:31 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Arney]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca
Originally Posted By: Arney
But you have to admit, the story gets "curious-er and curious-er" as more details are revealed. I vote that the plane was diverted to some little island in the Indian Ocean, and some or all of the passengers and crews are "re-educated" and then they are miraculously found a couple weeks from now adrift in the plane's lifeboats. Think Manchurian Candidate.

i like your theory. but i'm thinking it's straight out of james bond. ernst blofeld, dr no.....

the question not yet asked is: who or what was on that plane that someone wanted to make disappear?

#268088 - 03/14/14 05:45 PM Re: Lost Malaysian Plane [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Satellite Firm Says Its Data From Jet Could Offer Location

Quote:
As the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet expanded into the daunting vastness of the Indian Ocean, a satellite communications company confirmed on Friday that it had recorded electronic “keep alive” ping signals from the plane after it disappeared, and said those signals could be analyzed to help estimate its location.

The information from the company, Inmarsat, could prove to be the first big break in helping narrow the frustrating search for the plane with 239 people aboard that mysteriously disappeared from radar screens a week ago, now hunted by a multinational array of ships and planes that have fanned out for thousands of square miles.

Inmarsat, a Britain-based satellite communications provider of systems to ships and airplanes, had equipment aboard the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 jetliner, said David Coiley, the vice president of the company in charge of the aviation business. The equipment automatically communicates with satellites, much as a mobile phone would automatically connect to a network after passing through a mountain tunnel, he said.

It is beginning to sound like while Malaysia Airlines may not have subscribed to the engine monitoring service, the equipment to provide that service was installed and automatically trying to contact a satellite.

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.