Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#261177 - 06/07/13 12:48 PM New "survival show" draws attention
Tyber Offline
Sheriff
Enthusiast

Loc: ST. Paul MN
Some of you might remember about 4 or so months ago a person was on this site looking for participants in a show that would drop two people into the middle of no where with nothing.

Well that show has finally made its way to TV. Thought apparently they did give the people participating one personal item. And now the question has been asked by the Yahoo News, "is this going to far"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/reality-tv-makes-‘naked’-bid-for-ratings-184504576.html

#261178 - 06/07/13 01:15 PM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Tyber]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
When the recruiter chat was happening, I recall thinking "Naked? Really?" They wanted a scenario that was "so real that it seems unreal"? I haven't watched it am not fully informed but, only 1 item for 21 days, and naked? Really?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#261181 - 06/07/13 02:59 PM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Tyber]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
They had just aired the British Army CPT who had walked the Amazon - he was naked on an island with only a med kit and an emergency sat phone for 60 days (iirc). He made it. Really don't want to see people's naked butts. The naked part is to get people to tune in, they may or may not learn anything.

So my one item would be a knife. No brainer.

#261188 - 06/07/13 03:52 PM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: JBMat]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I believe if I was butt naked and allowed only one personal item, I would have to take one of my big Busse knives or a good Ghurka Khukri. I watched the show of that guy on the island with nothing, and a good blade was something he could've used to maximum effect. His show proved it is better to be lucky than good. When he lost his front tooth, he lost his couth.

#261197 - 06/07/13 11:47 PM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Tyber]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
If I were in a survival situation, the last thing I want to be is naked.

Jeanette Isabelle

#261198 - 06/08/13 12:47 AM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Tyber]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Oh, my, this show sounds just stupid. I thought perhaps a part of the attraction is the eye candy factor, but the still that accompanies the article suggests those craving visual sweets will have to go elsewhere.

Alright, maybe I should take the scenario more serious. So a breeding pair of human beings finds themselves in the wild with no clothing and only one item. I'm guessing that they got kidnapped by aliens who were perplexed by human reproduction, or who were trying to create some sort of alien/human hybrid because their home world got destroyed in an intergalactic war and their only hope is for their DNA to survive in a biped found on a planet whose environment is very hostile to their benzene-based physiology. Anyway, from certain human internet websites the aliens figured out that the first thing you have to do is take off your clothes. So that's why the two people are naked. Sounds perfectly reasonable.

#261200 - 06/08/13 03:47 AM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Bingley]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Tell me, please - is this why it is known as the "boob tub?" Decent stuff is pretty hard to find these days.

#261221 - 06/10/13 02:11 AM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Tyber]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
As I read the article one name stuck out in my mind - Kellie Nightlinger. That rang a couple of bells so I googled her. She has a number of survival videos on YouTube that are interesting. She also has a website. The guy is ex-military and has done movie bit parts and stunts -- in a couple of episodes of "Lost".

#261222 - 06/10/13 02:13 AM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Bingley]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bingley
Oh, my, this show sounds just stupid. I thought perhaps a part of the attraction is the eye candy factor, but the still that accompanies the article suggests those craving visual sweets will have to go elsewhere.

Alright, maybe I should take the scenario more serious. So a breeding pair of human beings finds themselves in the wild with no clothing and only one item. I'm guessing that they got kidnapped by aliens who were perplexed by human reproduction, or who were trying to create some sort of alien/human hybrid because their home world got destroyed in an intergalactic war and their only hope is for their DNA to survive in a biped found on a planet whose environment is very hostile to their benzene-based physiology. Anyway, from certain human internet websites the aliens figured out that the first thing you have to do is take off your clothes. So that's why the two people are naked. Sounds perfectly reasonable.

Or they are trying to replicate man's early beginnings aka "Quest for Fire" to see how modern man could cope.

#261225 - 06/10/13 04:40 AM Re: New "survival show" draws attention [Re: Roarmeister]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Roarmeister
As I read the article one name stuck out in my mind - Kellie Nightlinger. That rang a couple of bells so I googled her

I googled her, too, and, among other things, I noticed this:

'Naked' star describes fishing with 'private parts,' ruins appetites

I guess sometimes I just can't look away from a train wreck.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 436 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.