The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#263494 - 09/15/13 01:27 AM Worthwhile Article on Storm Precautions
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I found this interesting, especially the section on insurance. Much of what is presented will be old news for many on this forum.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magaz...ncies/index.htm

#263495 - 09/15/13 04:27 AM Re: Worthwhile Article on Storm Precautions [Re: hikermor]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: hikermor
I found this interesting, especially the section on insurance. Much of what is presented will be old news for many on this forum.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magaz...ncies/index.htm
It never hurts to remind us. The reminder about insurance issues was good.

Speaking of storms, we haven't heard much from our ETS friends in Colorado. It sounds really grim there, at least in some areas. I hope all our members in that area come out OK.

#263533 - 09/16/13 04:55 PM Re: Worthwhile Article on Storm Precautions [Re: hikermor]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
Interesting portion on the tree problem and insurance. This summer I had to have a tree removed from the backyard. I thought I could get it pruned. When the tree guy and I were inspecting it, we saw that the truck was split almost to the ground. It was a maple tree. The trunk seemed to have grown in a triad. There were three distinct nodes well before the first branching (crotch). One of the nodes could be pushed and separated causing the entire part of that section, up to the 50 or so foot top, to rock. I couldn't get that tree out of there fast enough. The first guy (small outfit) couldn't get to for three weeks. That was not an option. I had another guy come out the next day and he said he could get to it Wednesday (it was a Friday). He was more expensive, but I couldn't take the chance on a freak storm causing it to fall and take out the neighbor's fence and shed. It was a tense five days. Short of it all - get the trees inspected!

Edited by MoBOB (09/16/13 04:55 PM)

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 322 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.