Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#263397 - 09/09/13 02:36 AM Re: Looking for Information [Re: Pete]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Pete
I agree that your Scottish highland cottage sounds very desirable. Hope you have some vegetables and a few sheep :-)
Vegetables and sheep? Meh....
I would just make sure you have an ample supply of single malt!

#263399 - 09/09/13 11:48 AM Re: Looking for Information [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

Remember, beer has food value, food does not have beer value!

#263401 - 09/09/13 11:59 AM Re: Looking for Information [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Northern IL
one of the problems with bugging out is actually making the decision to do so.

it is going to be very hard to get accurate information upon which to make such a decision in time to do any good.

Bob

#263403 - 09/09/13 12:17 PM Re: Looking for Information [Re: ILBob]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

I will be bugging out when first reports of a Nuclear weapon are used anywhere whether it is in the Middle East or in the CONUS or either any of the Capital Warship, either US or Russian are attacked/destroyed/sunk even if it is a false flag such as the USS Liberty attack (which had US aircraft from the 6th Fleet en route to drop a hydrogen bomb on Cairo).

The reality of these Middle Eastern adventures does not match the News media manipulation of what may about to go down.

Public Statements from senior US officials are getting more and more irrational, unbelievable and falsehoods are being treated as truths by the News Media.

Today is September the 9th (9-9)

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (09/09/13 12:44 PM)

#263405 - 09/09/13 01:45 PM Re: Looking for Information [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor
Quote:

I will be bugging out when first reports of a Nuclear weapon are used anywhere whether it is in the Middle East or in the CONUS or either any of the Capital Warship, either US or Russian are attacked/destroyed/sunk even if it is a false flag such as the USS Liberty attack (which had US aircraft from the 6th Fleet en route to drop a hydrogen bomb on Cairo).

The reality of these Middle Eastern adventures does not match the News media manipulation of what may about to go down.

Public Statements from senior US officials are getting more and more irrational, unbelievable and falsehoods are being treated as truths by the News Media.

Today is September the 9th (9-9)

I think it unlikely anyone uses either an A or N bomb. But if it happened, it would probably be too late to BO.

I am inclined to agree that any statement of any kind these days from official sources is highly suspect, given the track record.

Bob

#263410 - 09/09/13 02:56 PM Re: Looking for Information [Re: gonewiththewind]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Montanero
Remember, beer has food value, food does not have beer value!

Excellent point! smile

#263423 - 09/10/13 02:13 AM Re: Looking for Information [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I wouldn't put any stock in what is being broadcast these days. By the time something happens, the spin will be something entirely different from reality.

You want to know what's happening in the world? Get on the shortwave.

#263432 - 09/10/13 01:39 PM Re: Looking for Information [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I agree with your thinking. Being unfamiliar with the Highlands, are there any Priority Targets (military bases, 5,000ft + long runways, etc) upwind of the area?

As for indicators for Bugging out of a targeted area, I peruse several websites for news. That list covers both ends of the Reliabilty Spectrum. First indicators normally appear in the least reliable places. If there is more than one source within a short amount of time, Story Reliability increases. If the story surfaces on a moderately reliable site within 3 days, there is usually something significant about the story. If the story is true AND significant, it will show up on highly reliable sites within about 3 more days. That provides me about 6 days to evaluate the possible ramifications of that event and allows me to review and modify my planning in the meantime.

BigBen is right about listening to ShortWave Radio, IMO.

#263439 - 09/10/13 04:09 PM Re: Looking for Information [Re: wildman800]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: wildman800
I agree with your thinking. Being unfamiliar with the Highlands, are there any Priority Targets (military bases, 5,000ft + long runways, etc) upwind of the area?

As for indicators for Bugging out of a targeted area, I peruse several websites for news. That list covers both ends of the Reliabilty Spectrum. First indicators normally appear in the least reliable places. If there is more than one source within a short amount of time, Story Reliability increases. If the story surfaces on a moderately reliable site within 3 days, there is usually something significant about the story. If the story is true AND significant, it will show up on highly reliable sites within about 3 more days. That provides me about 6 days to evaluate the possible ramifications of that event and allows me to review and modify my planning in the meantime.

BigBen is right about listening to ShortWave Radio, IMO.

It seems unlikely that one would get 6 days advance warning on a war of any kind.

There are plenty of shortwave radio stations that are no more reliable than Alex Jones.

In any case, they tend to parrot each other. if a report shows up one place, it ends up a lot of other places without any fact checking going on. Not that this kind of thing can be fact checked in any reasonable way.

Bob

#263442 - 09/10/13 06:44 PM Re: Looking for Information [Re: ILBob]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Originally Posted By: ILBob

In any case, they tend to parrot each other. if a report shows up one place, it ends up a lot of other places without any fact checking going on. Not that this kind of thing can be fact checked in any reasonable way.

This is an excellent and often overlooked point in today's world. The number of sources reporting an alleged "fact" often has little or nothing to do with its credibility or veracity: it has more to do with the sensationalism of the alleged "fact". I'm seeing this yet again with the reporting about a certain man in Florida, who allegedly threatened his wife with a gun, but now that does not seem to be the case at all.

Sadly many, if not most, news organizations today simply scan the web, social networking sites and news services and report what others are saying as if it is true, with no independent access or checks of the ground truth. Back in the day, this was called rumor, not news. Grandpa used to say "Only believe half of what you read and nothing of what you hear." He was a naive and trusting soul. . . grin

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (NAro, Ren), 444 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.