Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#259549 - 04/20/13 07:50 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

I was referring to the two boyfriends statement. I meant no offense Jeanette. People look at me and see a human tank, but I'm kind of withdrawn and still feel awkward when asking a woman out the first time. And I never know what to do with my giant hands.

#259550 - 04/20/13 07:53 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I didn't date much in high school. Nothing serious, that's for sure. College? Did I even go out on any date in college? If so, it certainly wasn't very memorable.

Then I got out on my own and started doing volunteer work as a paramedic. And there on the ambulance one day was this wonderful other volunteer girl. She had a shiny new holster with her hemostats, scissors, flashlight, pen, notepad, tourniquet (for IVs), and all the other things paramedics carry. Obviously a newbie given that brand new shiny holster (although new to the ambulance, she was an RN, so not a medical newbie). And that was it. 32 years ago. We're still going strong. BTW, to this day, our old ambulance buddies are still the closest friends we have. We still do all kinds of stuff together. And if it comes to some group survival scenario, what better crowd to be with than a bunch of paramedics and trauma nurses (even though all our paramedic certifications have expired by now - except for the nurses, who have since obtained advanced degrees and are Nurse Practitioners and Flight Nurses now).

#259553 - 04/20/13 07:57 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: ]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I do not feel awkward in that regard. I simply do not know what I want.

Jeanette Isabelle

#259554 - 04/20/13 08:05 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: haertig]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: haertig
I didn't date much in high school. Nothing serious, that's for sure.

I had boyfriends in high school because that is what was expected. I was in the “in crowd” for two years.

Jeanette Isabelle

#259557 - 04/20/13 08:29 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

I don't know your age but I'm sure you'll find what you wannt Jeanette. I was my own clique in high school. Lethal, loner nerd. My first day I was six foot one and just under a hundred pounds. Everyone wanted to play with the beanpole nerd. Especially the jocks. Seven fights that day. five the next. On the fourth day they had all learned to leave me alone.
Unfortunately the other nerds saw me as thier protector and ran to me whenever anyone messes with them. I dated in high school, but it was almost always the girls who asked me out. College was A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

#259558 - 04/20/13 08:30 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: haertig]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

That's nice, haertig. I'm happy for you. Me, I'm destined to grow old and die alone.

#259564 - 04/20/13 09:25 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
I don't know your age but I'm sure you'll find what you wannt Jeanette. I was my own clique in high school.

I’m twenty-seven. I was in the social hierarchy for two of my highschool years. I left because I was fed up with the social politics.

Jeanette Isabelle

#259565 - 04/20/13 09:30 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Very wise for one so young, jeanette.

#259566 - 04/20/13 09:30 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: haertig]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
My daughter, the ER nurse, met her husband to be (then a paramedic, now an attorney) when she was training for her EMT certification. They bonded at a motorcycle accident.

No, my SIL doe NOT chase ambulances.

If you pursue your interests, you will sooner or later hook up with a kindred spirit, who will be the most wonderful person in the entire universe.

#259571 - 04/20/13 09:43 PM Re: Surviving Single [Re: hikermor]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Eh, why change now? Women come and go like the wind in my life. I'm to quiet and distant for them to stay. Some say I have a soft heart, but that I'm cold. Whatever that means. Friends with benefits are the best way to go. Why ruin a good thing with a ring and a piece of paper? And when it doesn't work out she gets half of everything I've struggled so hard to obtain. For me at least. Now Jeanette could find someone easily I'm thinking. She seems like a cool and intelligent lady.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.