Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#259034 - 04/13/13 05:19 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: spuds]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Hey! Knock it off spuds. I have a whole lot of guns and ammo at each of my locations. Wait. Most are hunting arms. And I do practice. And I am exceptionally well traind. NM. Go ahead and pick on the poor dumb survivalists. LOL.

#259036 - 04/13/13 05:25 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: Eugene]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

I'd take my fluffies. They're excellent guard animals and one man or family dogs. If i left them behind they'd get shot by looters. Besides, they can carry thier own supplies in saddle bags. And I'd take The Princess. They'd kill her out of spite. And she sleeps with me. The little purring machine is a blanket hog though.

#259037 - 04/13/13 05:40 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: JBMat]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

In response to JBMAT's post. I don't need maps for many of the survivalists here. They've let me in thier homes, I know thier families, the wives and kids all like me, one wife has even asked if she can bring her kids to the ranch if it hits the fans, I've made friends with thier dogs and they've shown me not only all thier stockpiles, but weapons, security and thier caches. I have no need for thier things, I have an excess of my own, as well as the cabin and an actual retreat we are working on, disquised as a micro farm in the open desert. But it amuses me that they would trust someone so fully with thier secrets and grant total access. Other myself, Bunny and Tomboy only three people know how to find the entrance to the basement, let alone the combination to get in. Only the three of us know how to get into the cabellas collector safe and the infirmary or the hidden room. All I've shown the survivalists is my long term pantry and the contents oof the bear den buried in under the potting shed. Let them take that six month supply of store bought grains and food and let them go with no bloodshed. Hopefully they'll think they got it all and won't come back. The only problem with that plan are my hands. It's a ranch so I arm them all. This is thier now and they'd defend it and everything here.

#259050 - 04/13/13 07:07 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: ]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
Then you'd hate my bug out gear, Jac. Except for the coghlans kit in a can. My INCH bag would have you rolling on the floors. Remember: Guns spelled backwards is snug. LOL.

LOL! I'm not anti-gun, Snake. In fact, I expect to own one within a few years. (We're debating shotgun or rifle right now.) This just reminded of a recent ETS discussion and the Coglahns can. If there's anything in there that's really needed, personally, I'd sacrifice a little of that fire power to get a good one of whatever it is. My point was just that, considering the comprehensiveness of this list, that survival-in-a-can looks a bit useless - even with the Double Bubble.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#259053 - 04/13/13 07:13 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: bacpacjac]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

LOL Jac. I reviewed a can kit but I'd never carry one unless I packed it with stuff that I could count on. Looks like they had a contest to see what they could cram in a sardine can. I read part of that guys list, my brother would just go take whatever he has to teach him a lesson for putting it out there like that. The man needs to lose wieght and get used to eating less. And his choice of a head weapon has me wondering what article he read in Handgunning magazine to choose a short barreled 9mm. Can you get guns in Canada now? I must admit my ignorence of your laws.

#259056 - 04/13/13 07:23 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: ]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
We're allowed to hunt up here in the Great White North, just need to learn and follow all the rules and regs. I know hardly any of them, but know you can use a shotgun, rifle, bow, crossbow. No idea about auto or semi-auto, etc...

My hubby grew up with guns, hunting small game and deer, and target/trap shooting. My family was anti-gun but not anti-meat eating, which always seemed odd to me. I've always wanted to give bow hunting a serious go, and shotgun/rifle hunting has been on our family plan since before we became one. :-)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#259063 - 04/13/13 07:52 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: bacpacjac]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Thanks for enlightening me. One of each would be a good choice. I have a survival gun in my gear that is .22/.410. Good gun for a kid to learn on and carry except for that bar type trigger. I never understood people who couldn't abide hunting but would sit down to meat. When I was growing up It was hunt and fish if you wanted to eat. Now I can't really hunt anymore. You hunt game that shoots back and an innocent deer or bunny my sights feels like murder. I'm sure that would change in a survival situation however.

#259066 - 04/13/13 09:36 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: ]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
Hey! Knock it off spuds. I have a whole lot of guns and ammo at each of my locations. Wait. Most are hunting arms. And I do practice. And I am exceptionally well traind. NM. Go ahead and pick on the poor dumb survivalists. LOL.
HeeHeeHee! laugh

#259067 - 04/13/13 09:46 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: ]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
The man needs to lose wieght and get used to eating less. And his choice of a head weapon has me wondering what article he read in Handgunning magazine to choose a short barreled 9mm.
Made me think a SKILLED shooter would take him out with a single shot if for no other reason then he could.

I dont know,I think end of world it will be the least expected who survive,like a hobo or mental homeless guy who is surviving NOW with next to nothing.

I have no illusions,I would just like to survive grid down or economic upheaval or natural disasters,think at least I MIGHT have a chance there.

#259070 - 04/13/13 10:01 PM Re: Survival Summary [Re: spuds]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Lol true that Spuds. The homeless and those as poor as I was growing up will have it easier than those who have grown used to things like lights, running water, heat and a steadfy diet.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.