Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#258133 - 03/27/13 10:37 AM [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm
Frisket Offline
Addict

So around A week or Two After Christmas I Made a 50-60$ Purchase from CountyComm and made a foolish mistake of using Paypal With a PO Box As primary and unfortunatly an Old Address I no longer live at as secondary.

I Never got the package. UPS informed it was sent too and Dropped off at the mailbox. Well the Mailbox is along a busy Road at the end of a long driveway in which cannot be seen from the house and has no proper spot (deep Drain ditch and muddy woods around it) to place such package.

I Called UPS they told me to contact countycomm in which they do not have a Number so I Emailed them. Later on I got a call from a lost package type Department from UPS whome was very nice to me and made me feel like YEP this will be resolved.

CountyComm later contacted Me again Stating "UPS Informed us you received the package and signed for it".......Never happend.....

Since then UPS has washed their hands of the situation and CountyComm Has Replied from 3-4 different people asking the same questions of which none follow up on a second reply when contacted.

So yeah I know it was abit foolish on my behalf But good god that is a 60$ lose on stuff I was really really excited on finally purchasing. And For UPS to change storys Somehow in which they would have NO PROOF of signature....its just bizarre.

#258159 - 03/27/13 04:35 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: Frisket]
Eastree Offline
Journeyman

I and others I know have run into similar issues with UPS. One driver couldn't be bothered to find an address, so the packages were dropped off at a random house at the very end of the route.

I've also come home, in several places I've lived, to find packages at my door. A couple of these places were apartments in not-the-best neighborhoods. I was lucky that most of it wasn't stolen.

In every case, the driver scribbled something in the signature block, and entered the surname of the person on the label, basically a case of CYA for laziness.

I cringe when I want to order something I can't find locally (or for a reasonable price), because I've had issues with all three major delivery options (UPS, Fedex, and USPS) somewhat consistently.

#258172 - 03/27/13 06:59 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: ]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
I try not to buy from them if I can help it. Their shipping is absurd because they don't want to pay the yearly contract for a USPS/FedEx/UPS shipping account. Why charge $10 for something that weighs only 5 ounces? Most of the time I've gotten packages from them and the shipping cost is right there on the label and it's around three to four dollars.

Thats why I Waited so long to order from them. I Bulk purchased a few items only they offer and well the excitement sadly didnt last As I Waited for basically my new Survival kits base contents and container.

#258181 - 03/27/13 07:52 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: Frisket]
Frisket Offline
Addict

I really mostly wanted their small Mil spec container with the tupperware lid to replace my current PSK container. Cant find anyone else who makes it like their.

#258182 - 03/27/13 07:53 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: Frisket]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
It's sad that they can be so flaky because they have some great products. I've ordered from them a couple times and maybe I was just lucky but the service was okay. I love the "Hyrdrant" they sell! It's like a Maxpedition bottle bag but almost twice as tall.

#258191 - 03/27/13 08:11 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: Frisket]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: 62208
I like Bepreparedtosurvive.com, personally. I don't know if you have checked them out, but you may be able to find something suitable there. No affiliation.

#258192 - 03/27/13 08:15 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: ]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
By this time next year pretty much everything CC makes with the exception of their lights will be available at at least 3 other vendors.

For myself, I don't particularly care for their flashlights. Other things they sell (Maratac BOB XL, Breacher Bar, Widgy Bar, Peanut Lighter, Split Pea Lighter, Pocket First Aid Kit, Mini Signal Mirror, Emergency Candle, Embassy Pen, GP-4L Radio, Universal Cleaning Stick, wow that's a longer list than I thought it would be) are either awesome and unique, or in some cases just a lot better than similar things elsewhere.

Like many here, I put up with their less-than-stellar customer service and terrible shipping rates for that. I do look elsewhere before I buy something from them though.

#258194 - 03/27/13 08:28 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: Frisket]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

I've never ordered from them, but once I have the money to, I definitely will. Not hijacking this thread, but how are CC's lights? They look nice, but I mean quality?

#258196 - 03/27/13 08:39 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: Frisket]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Izzy. I'll have to check one out.

#258203 - 03/27/13 09:35 PM Re: [censored] Poor Customer service From UPS And CountyComm [Re: sybert777]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: sybert777
Not hijacking this thread, but how are CC's lights? They look nice, but I mean quality?

The Maratac AA and AAA are rebranded iTP / Olight (some of them have slightly different body styles). The old 9290 was also a rebranded iTP / Olight (in a different color). I haven't handled the Maratac Extreme series and I'm not 100% sure who makes them, but the AA version looks a great deal like the iTP SA1.

I haven't had great experiences with iTP / Olight lights, having had to replace a couple of tail switches on the 9290s and having had a lanyard ring break on one of the Maratac AAAs and similar issues with iTP branded lights. The Extreme series I haven't tried for myself, but I'm underwhelmed with the claimed performance at that price point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 281 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.