Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2560 - 11/11/01 10:45 PM Re: Digital Cameras
BoyNhisDog Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ron, I've been to Marana many times. I've landed there and even had a hanger there for a bit. <br><br>The company I work for has an airplane for our mapping business.<br><br>I hiked the Mt. Baldy trail-Super trail loop last weekend. That's where I took the photo of the lizard. Any trail in the Catalinas is a good trail for me. I've done Wasson too. Our sky-islands as they like to call our high mountains are all over here There must be a dozen or so in So AZ alone.<br><br>It's a small world. Good to meet you.<br><br>Glen

#2561 - 11/11/01 11:07 PM Re: Digital Cameras
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice to meet you as well<br>last weekend? i was up there last weekend ( kid who was doing alot of rockclimbing and jogging)<br>yeah, i had an accident with one of those lizards rock climbing, i was looking for my next grip, landed my hand right ontop of one, he twisted his neck back and bit me hard. i yelped and shook him off ( almost falling, No gear)<br>Which camera are you using again? the one that u took the pic of the LED and crater , nice camera...<br>Price?

#2562 - 11/11/01 11:17 PM Re: Digital Cameras
BoyNhisDog Offline

Loc: Arizona
Doug took to pic of the LED. Mine will not get quite that close. He was 1/2 an inch away from it! The other three photos are mine and they were taken with a Canon Powershot S100 Digital Elph. Wheew. That is a big name for such a little camera. It is billed as the smallest 2 megapixel in the world.<br><br>That lizard incedent must have been starteling! If they are out the rattlers are too. We just went to Josephine Saddle. We didn't have time to make a summit attempt. Maybe next time.<br><br> Rock climbing is something we will never do together Ron. I am afraid of heights. I know that sounds funny for someone who flys for a living but a good solid deck beneath your feet is different.<br><br>Doug, I checked out your Nikon 990 and I am impressed. I believe our cameras both use the compact flash cards for data collection. The shape and size of yours is not bad at all and I believe it would be a good one to carry along most anywhere. Once you get used to the features on that camera you may miss them with a more simple model. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Edited by BoyNhisDog (11/12/01 12:13 AM)

#2563 - 11/12/01 05:14 AM Re: Digital Cameras
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info. Jet. It's a must buy know.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (NAro, Ren), 444 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.