Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#254955 - 12/29/12 01:07 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: picard120]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: picard120
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
do you guys worry aging spots on hands & face?

Does anyone remove aging spots with laser ?

Seriously Picard? I really hope your New Year's resolution is to stop trolling the forums here...

I am not trolling. I am worry about getting old.

Considering your endless inane questions and frequency of such posts, you have more life health issues to worry and think about then getting old...really.

John Lubbock

#254956 - 12/29/12 01:16 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: Bingley]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Well, if the question is "how do you age gracefully?", the answers are readily available - wear your seat belt, stop smoking (or never start), keep alcohol consumption under control, eat a sensible diet emphasizing fruits and vegetables which will help you maintain a reasonable weight, and get the proper amount and type of exercise.

I am now 75, and I am really thankful that I adopted a vigorous lifestyle fairly early and never let my weight get too far out of control. I stopped smoking after high school, and my booze has tapered off throughout (primarily because I witnessed too many SARs where alcohol was a factor).

I will kick off some day, but i hope to remain vigorous and competent until that time. I can control some factors, while others are not controllable. No sense in worrying....

Happy New Year to all!

#254962 - 12/29/12 10:06 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: picard120]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Betting older may suck but it's beat the alternative.

#254963 - 12/29/12 10:44 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: picard120]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK

I'm grateful he comes up with topics to discuss. No one makes anyone read his posts.
If I really wanted advice I'd consult the professionals. Dougs gear guide on the home page is all you need to actually chose survival gear.
Forums are for conversation and hopefully some fun.
Keep em comin picard120!
qjs

>do you guys worry aging spots on hands & face?

>Does anyone remove aging spots with laser ?
>Seriously Picard? I really hope your New Year's resolution is to >stop trolling the forums here...

#254965 - 12/29/12 02:12 PM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: picard120]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
do you guys worry aging spots on hands & face?

Does anyone remove aging spots with laser ?

Trolling? Nah. I don't think so. picard has over 700 posts and from what I've seen, contributes good stuff here. I think it's a reasonable question.

I do worry about age/sun spots. Not to the point of having them removed for asthetics but they are red flags for me. My dad has skin cancer so they're a reminder to use good sun protection and also a reminder to stay on top of my docs appointments and the changes that are happening to my body.

If there was ever a question about them possibly turning cancerous? Yup, I'd have them removed. Skin cancer is serious stuff.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#254967 - 12/29/12 03:29 PM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: bacpacjac]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

[quote=bacpacjac]
Trolling? Nah. I don't think so. picard has over 700 posts and from what I've seen, contributes good stuff here. I think it's a reasonable question.

700 posts of mostly nonsensical questions. In any case, I found out how to ignore users here and will no longer see his posts.

John Lubbock

#254971 - 12/29/12 05:44 PM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: picard120]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
It takes all types to make a world.

Admittedly, this arrangement can be trying at times.

#254989 - 12/30/12 02:37 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: Teslinhiker]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
Considering your endless inane questions and frequency of such posts, you have more life health issues to worry and think about then getting old...really.

This is an ad hominem attack that promotes disrespect and incivility. To accuse Picard of mental illness is quite inappropriate, and as such your treatment of Picard is conduct quite unbecoming. I feel I should speak out for the sake of fairness and for the ETS members who witness such pointless aggression. I hope no one will emulate it and ruin this forum -- is this what's called cyberbullying?

It's the moderator's job to decide what constitutes trolling. We are not a lynch mob.

Why don't you take some of your own advice, and free us of the burden of your posts? Better yet, I see that you've found a way to make Picard's posts invisible to you. Please be so kind as to share that trick with me, because I do not wish to see your mean-spirited attacks on others. This is a forum of civility.

Thank you.

#254990 - 12/30/12 02:55 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: Bingley]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
In the Left column, click on the member's User name. Select "View profile" and on that page select "Ignore this user".

#254994 - 12/30/12 04:54 AM Re: how do guys cope with getting older ? [Re: Bingley]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Bingley

Why don't you take some of your own advice, and free us of the burden of your posts?

Thank you.

You are right. Mea culpa.

MOD's please close my account here.

Thanks

John Lubbock

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 325 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.