The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#255355 - 01/11/13 05:35 AM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: SurvivePenna]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
2 hands for the spoon,one for the phone.

#255380 - 01/11/13 10:33 PM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: SurvivePenna]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
Watched the first episode. While the new guy Joe is to be commended on his military accomplishments, someone should slap some sense into him. And then slap Cody for being a dummy too.

Splitting up, not recommended, but under the circumstances understandable. Cody did not leave any sign as to where he went after unilaterally changing the rally point. So not bright. Actually, possibly fatal

Then Joe, after a profanity laced debate on pretty much nothing, drinks his own pee. Let's not forget he contaminated the helmet. Oh yummy, fresh pee Another move that deserves a double slap.

Haven't seen any since. Probably won't. Quit watching pretty much after Dave and the gunpowder.

#255413 - 01/13/13 04:58 AM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: SurvivePenna]
tomfaranda Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Croton on Hudson, NY
just watched the introductory episode and the first scenario with them in the desert. Joe is a bit of a twit and needs to tone it down quite a bit.

#255450 - 01/14/13 12:38 AM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: tomfaranda]
Virginia_Mark Offline
Journeyman

Loved the old Duel Survival.
I respect Joes military service to our country
But he acts like a tool, and Cody acts like
a bigger tool.
Why is every other word out of Joe's mouth,
F@&$ ?

The Ending of the second episode was so
Fake, I just rolled my eyes..

New DS... FAIL

#255468 - 01/14/13 05:15 PM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: ]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Dunno about the current season, but my first impression of the original season was that both Dave and Cody were caricatures of themselves.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

#255506 - 01/15/13 06:46 AM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: ]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
I'm willing to bet they're told to act that way. Which is sad that two people who are respected in their individual communities would give in to what the producers tell them to do. But hey...some folks like a paycheck.

+ 1
And this is exactly why I feel the way I feel about DS, and throwing Dave out of the show.

It maybe immaterial and doesn't matter, but my gut feeling is that the reason for throwing Dave out of the show wasn't really what he wrote in his resume. Almost everything in this show is fake, so why the producers were upset about a few faked lines in some actor's resume ?????

OK. The resume thing may upset someone in the military, but I don't beleive it has upset the producers of DS. IMO , there must be another reason for the conflict. And in such projects , as we seen in real life, money, ego, and other factors can trigger conflicts. And in many cases, everyone try to hide real reasons because they maybe embarrasing/immoral/illegal or whatever.

#255512 - 01/15/13 12:53 PM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: Chisel]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Quote:
I'm willing to bet they're told to act that way. Which is sad that two people who are respected in their individual communities would give in to what the producers tell them to do. But hey...some folks like a paycheck.

+ 1
And this is exactly why I feel the way I feel about DS, and throwing Dave out of the show.

It maybe immaterial and doesn't matter, but my gut feeling is that the reason for throwing Dave out of the show wasn't really what he wrote in his resume. Almost everything in this show is fake, so why the producers were upset about a few faked lines in some actor's resume ?????

Agree 100%,hey,the guys signed up and are trying to make a living,so you do as told.Shame they are made to look the fools.

#255639 - 01/19/13 05:09 PM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: ]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
I have to agree, but I will watch for the entertainment value. Like some of you have said already, I would rather see two wilderness survival experts argue. If another show or scenario were created and urban SHTF survival was the issue, the SERE military training might be more relevant.

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
A word from Dave about DS

Indeed. It's all over the blogosphere. It seems he has become "persona non grata" now.

I don't care for the new guy. He seems a bit too "I've survived WAR! I can survive anything!"

As one blogger questioned "Does military service=survival skills?" Obviously not.

As many of us know these shows (DS, MvW and MWW and DP) are just....entertainment. I think most people who spend time outdoors watch it to laugh.

#255689 - 01/21/13 08:53 AM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
I think most people who spend time outdoors watch it to laugh.

... or cry , really !

In one episode of Doomsday Preppers , a guy plans to use a cellar under his shop ( in city downtown ) to shelter - in. OK, forget about the fact that the cellar has NO supplies or even toilet facilities. The most frightening point I saw is that the ONLY entrance to teh cellar is on the footpath ( not inside the shop) . Need I point that ANY car could be parked on that entrace in a disaster or messy situation , or even something may fall on it from top of the building , and prevent it from opening up. That cellar will definitely become a tomb for him and his kids.

I didn't blame his wife who refused to get in and spend a night there, but he was so confident of his plan and said that once SHTF she would rush to join them !!!!

I didn't laugh, I became very very concerned about the risk of such "preparednes" ! His kids so innocently follwing him made me cry.

#255714 - 01/21/13 09:14 PM Re: Dual Survival Is Back !!!! [Re: Chisel]
Stephen Offline

Loc: Canada
[quote]

I didn't laugh, I became very very concerned about the risk of such "preparednes" ! His kids so innocently follwing him made me cry.

Geeze dude, you are either highly passionate about television or you need to lighten up a bit. Lots of idiots out there, no point getting upset over it. Just don't become one of them.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 292 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.