Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#254294 - 12/04/12 03:44 PM Re: East German Esbit Type Stove [Re: CANOEDOGS]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Northern IL
Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
because cooking is hard you don't want to waste the time and energy in real survival,just a warm/hot pot of filling something that full of carbs is what you want.
fancy stuff like rat on a stick with cattail roots is hobo cooking.

Some kinds of cooking are not that hard if you have a campfire. But the fact that so many people seem to focus on stoves rather than fires suggests to me that they have abandoned cooking over campfires. Maybe because campfires are banned in many places and often discouraged where not banned.

Personally, I do not eat carbs at all. I have been low carb for 3 and a half years.

I am pretty much convinced that the primary reason for carb loading by hikers and such is that it is the only practical way to make food on the trail by boiling water (pasta, rice, oatmeal, etc.). The ultralight hiking fad is also part of it. Frying pans are heavy.

Bob

#254304 - 12/05/12 12:06 AM Re: East German Esbit Type Stove [Re: nursemike]
celler Offline
Addict

Loc: Jupiter, FL
Originally Posted By: nursemike
My wife said the sexiest thing to me today: " Mikey, wouldn't it be fun to buy a couple of new handguns?"

She is the best thing that ever happened to me, and by far my greatest survival asset.

You're one lucky (insert expletive here). And there's gun show at the Fairgrounds next weekend.

#254307 - 12/05/12 01:46 AM Re: East German Esbit Type Stove [Re: nursemike]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
My wife said the sexiest thing to me today: " Mikey, wouldn't it be fun to buy a couple of new handguns?"

I hate you.

#254330 - 12/05/12 10:24 PM Re: East German Esbit Type Stove [Re: chaosmagnet]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet

I hate you.

Mine wants a pink handgun, saw one in a gun store counter.

#254332 - 12/05/12 11:27 PM Re: East German Esbit Type Stove [Re: nursemike]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
Quote:
=nursemike

She is the best thing that ever happened to me, and by far my greatest survival asset.

==============================
Sounds like mine,she wants everything from .22 to .45,and if the state didnt make it so tough she would have got it,instead got her a lot more archery stuff,scope for her crossbow,etc etc etc (whistles,fenix lights,eton radio,emergency battery powered plug in lights that come on when power goes out,batteries,charger.... on and on,some for the both of us,she loves this stuff.)

Our power went out last night,had like a bazillion light/power options,radio...she was smiling.

Point being,I ordered a LOT of stuff from advice from users here,thank you,youve opened new horizons for things I hadnt considered before.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, NAro), 354 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.