Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#254252 - 12/03/12 05:37 PM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: spuds]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
One the lighter side,Mrs and Mrs Spuds theme song....Bust Your Kneecaps

Love that smile at 2:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlDGFrP4NgI

#254254 - 12/03/12 06:07 PM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: Pete]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Pete
by the way ... in terms of deterrence on the street and effective against some animals - a good stun gun is also a possibility. check the Barracuda BC-37 stun gun ... these babies are head-and-shoulders above the competition. If you are being threatened by punks who look like they want to use their fists - just take it out and give them a display of the electrical flash. It's enough to make anyone think twice about tangling with you. If you do actually use it on people, I would recommend contact with the extremities, or possibly the back or hips (not head, neck or chest). These things pack a wallop.

cheers,
Pete2

Done x 2,thanks Pete.No tax or shipping,nice.

https://www.smartstun.com/Barracuda-BC-37-37-Million-Volt-Stun-Gun_p_107.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbeC6Yl8aes

There is another of a dummy getting hit with it,due to language I wont link that.Knocked the snot outta him.

Added some pepper spray gel 2 oz for cali legal (updated).Gonna be working on the Batman utility belts I foresee.

Will pick out the canes tonight.

Thanks all for the help,sincerely.

#254255 - 12/03/12 06:10 PM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: spuds]
clearwater Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Channeled Scablands
If you have to use your cane as a weapon, then it will be considered such by
CA authorities. Just like pointing a gun, you will need to be justified in doing
so.

#254267 - 12/03/12 09:06 PM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: spuds]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
The best defense is a good offense. Don't look or act like a victim. Head up, on a swivel, know your surroundings, be ready to act, not react.

I work in a crappy part of town, literally, as the homeless have used our doorstep as a latrine before. Before I get out of my truck at 0630ish, I scan the area. It's not real well lit, but enough. I keep my keys in my hand as I approach the shop door. Ever been raked by keys, hurts a lot. I do have a knife on me, a Leatherman Wingman (Xmas gift, sister, last year) which I use at work a lot.

The scan is the important part. I start it when I get off the main road and continue up to and through my building entrance.

Should I see something I don't like, 911 is but a call away, and the police station is just up the street.

#254268 - 12/03/12 11:20 PM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: spuds]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Cool,for sticks ordered these,95.51 for 2 delivered.

This walking stick features a high-impact, non-skid rubber tip and a leather wristband.

Weighs 19 Oz. Length is 48 3/4".

for me

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/WALKING-STIK-SHADY-CAMO-F-p/110-002.htm

For Mrs

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/WALKING-STIK-DANDELION-F-p/110-010.htm

========================
Average Customer Review: 4.5 of 5 | Total Reviews: 13 Write a review.

Great Stick! April 30, 2012
Reviewer: Rick Rooks from Bynum, TX United States
Very nice walking stick that looks great! I would like to see you make a cane that I could use when loading cattle.

Walking Stick, Shady Camo April 30, 2012
Reviewer: Joseph Krezelak from Bonney Lake, WA United States
Another great product from Boyd's. Sturdy, well fitting and looks great. I have had a lot of positive comments from everyone who has looked at it and hefted it to verify that the weight is not too heavy. I am probably going to order another one or two before hiking and hunting season. Keep up the great work and product line.

Walking Stick April 30, 2012
Reviewer: Craig Kingsbury from Mission Viejo, CA United States
What a superior product! The finish and craftsmanship far exceed any other product I have seen.The order handling and shipment were extremely fast. The walking stick is beautiful and I am already getting some comments as to where did I find the product.

Keep up the excellent work.

Very nice, but.... March 26, 2012
Reviewer: Raymond Cayford from Columbia Falls, MT United States
Very nice product, but as stated in other reviews, it's too short. I'm 5' 8 1/2" and it needs to be longer. 12" wouldn't hurt so the customer could cut to length.
Also a little taper from the bottom of the twist to the end would look awesome. I would buy another only if Boyds' were to listen to the customer requests.

WALKING STICK SHADY CAMO December 30, 2011
Reviewer: Mike Hoffa from Ripon, CA United States
Arrived in perfect condition and on time. The walking stick was much stronger and better looking than the pictures show. Friends have commented on how nice it is. In fact, My wife and I liked it so much we ordered 4 more for future gifts. Truly works of art! I think I will steal one for myself.

#254273 - 12/04/12 02:52 AM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: Nomad]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Nomad
Check out
http://www.canemasters.com
A cane is a very good defense tool that can be carried everywhere.

Nomad,what about this? We are looking for something for a fancy situation,all the rest as discussed,can you vouch to this?

http://www.canemasters.com/index.php?mai...6ad7b4900734e9e

#254274 - 12/04/12 02:53 AM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: wileycoyote]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: wileycoyote
i have bad feet so carry a cane at times when i can't carry a firearm or edged tool.

my choice is the Cold Steel Micarta Head City Stick

WileyC,what is the craftmanship and quality of this piece,suitable for more formal dress?

#254275 - 12/04/12 02:55 AM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: Dagny]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Dagny

http://www.rei.com/product/830442/leki-wanderfreund-antishock-walking-staff
This Leki staff is essentially a collapsible cane -- perfectly legal and something I have a history of using for hiking and when I've had a knee injury.

Dagny,is this cane real strong?Mrs is concerned if it can take a wallop.I tend to like this one....

#254280 - 12/04/12 07:03 AM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: spuds]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: spuds
Originally Posted By: Dagny

http://www.rei.com/product/830442/leki-wanderfreund-antishock-walking-staff
This Leki staff is essentially a collapsible cane -- perfectly legal and something I have a history of using for hiking and when I've had a knee injury.

Dagny,is this cane real strong?Mrs is concerned if it can take a wallop.I tend to like this one....

I've never hit anything or anyone with it so have a limited perspective on its capabilities. It holds me up when I lean heavily on it.

The pointy end of the handle could be painful....

#254291 - 12/04/12 01:36 PM Re: Cane,walking stick for defense,any users? [Re: Dagny]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
I carry a walking stick cuz my knee and spinal defects cause me to stumble a lot. A standard drug-store cane gets through airport screening effortlessly, but an rei collapsible stick seems to look more menacing and has elicited some grumpy interrogation. Seems to vary widely with the age and officiousness of the security personnel, unless there is a recent BOLO out on fat old bald gimpy guys.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Herman30, Phaedrus), 405 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.