The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#252452 - 10/30/12 07:35 PM NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show
LKCasting Offline
Stranger

Loc: California
My name is Lauren Kalb and I am a casting director for a new extreme survival series on a major cable network. We are looking for elite survival experts who will face situations that require intense, split-second decision-making and instinctual, laser-sharp response. It’s not enough to be a weekend warrior – this series requires experience, ingenuity, and determination. Stripped of even the most basic of necessities, participants will rely only upon their bare hands to survive. Seeking men and women, 20’s – 40’s, who are highly skilled survival experts with legitimate training and experience.

Please forward this to anyone you know who might fit the bill. To apply, send photos and some of your survival experience to me at laurenk@metalflowersmedia.com.

Thanks so much!
Lauren

#252454 - 10/30/12 07:45 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
Pete Offline
Veteran

Wow ... a survival show where people actually do "survival". Some of you guys should think about this.

I wonder what constitutes "extreme survival" ??? Do you think they allow a mortality rate on this show.

HAHAHA!!!
Pete2

#252456 - 10/30/12 07:49 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
Seeking men and women, 20’s – 40’s, who are highly skilled survival experts with legitimate training and experience.

Agism at it's finest. Prolly have to look pretty too.

#252462 - 10/30/12 08:10 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
Glock-A-Roo Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: LKCasting
...Stripped of even the most basic of necessities, participants will rely only upon their bare hands to survive.

Highly doubt that. Do you really know what your statement means, or are you parroting some screenwriter's prose?

You say you're casting for an "Extreme Survivalist" show. Are you purposefully mixing the terms 'survivalist' with 'survival expert'? Do you understand the difference?

#252465 - 10/30/12 08:36 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
widget Offline
Addict

More Hollywood "action" no doubt.

#252472 - 10/30/12 09:29 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
We are looking for elite survival experts

Stripped of even the most basic of necessities, participants will rely only upon their bare hands to survive.

Sorry but the two statements are mutually exclusive. frown PPPPPP

Quote:
Seeking men and women, 20’s – 40’s, who are highly skilled survival experts with legitimate training and experience.

Unfortunately the single sheet TP Sheryl Crow method still remains classified at the Ministry of Defense and cannot be shown on US TV. shocked

Do you have any further info on this project as the last TV show called 'Stars Earn Stripes' was pretty appalling even without Desmond Tutu, Jody Williams, Mairead Maguire, Betty Williams, Jose Manuel Ramos-Horta, Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Rigoberta Menchu Tum, and Shirin Ebadi calling for it to be cancelled after all stating;

Quote:
It is our belief that this program pays homage to no one anywhere and continues and expands on an inglorious tradition of glorifying war and armed violence. Real war is down in the dirt deadly. People—military and civilians—die in ways that are anything but entertaining.

Would it be something many wouldn't want to be associated with?

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/30/12 09:30 PM)

#252473 - 10/30/12 09:33 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

Not interested.

#252474 - 10/30/12 09:41 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Being outside the age category specified I'm not interested either. Besides that I hate reality TeeVee; at least with SciFi fiction is part of the genre definition.

#252477 - 10/30/12 09:51 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
Lots of other opportunities at the metal flowers media website:

CURRENTLY CASTING

Extreme Outdoorsmen: now is your chance to test your own mettle. Nat Geo is currently seeking outdoorsmen/women who have what it takes to survive an expedition of epic proportions. If you are a mountain climber, hunter/fisher, rafter, guide, pilot, or backwoods mastermind with the guts to keep going in even the most grueling of situations, email: Janelle@metalflowersmedia.com or apply now!

Bar Rescue Season 3: It’s our 3rd season of the hit show Bar Rescue on Spike TV, and we’re looking for bars who need to be saved! Apply now! casting@metalflowersmedia.com or apply now!

Bare Survival: If you think you have what it takes to survive on solely your ingenuity, a new show on a major (and we do mean major) cable network is looking for you. Must have legitimate survival skills, no insecurities, and the guts to participate in this cutting edge series. Email Janelle@metalflowersmedia.com or apply now!

JW Marriott: Print campaign now casting men and women, 20′s – 40′s, who are proven success stories within their field. Email Emily@metalflowersmedia.com

Pitch Me: Now casting hosts!! Men and women of all ages, apply now for a new webseries that celebrates the modern day inventor. No experience necessary! Email Susan@metalflowersmedia.com or apply now!

#252481 - 10/30/12 11:17 PM Re: NOW CASTING: Extreme Survivalist TV Show [Re: LKCasting]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
I am looking for a walk-on role on Duck Dynasty.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.