Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#251219 - 09/26/12 11:30 PM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Treeseeker]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
There is a lot of misinformation out there on this topic.

Perhaps, instead it might be more accurate to say that there is a lot of information on this topic that is not truly in the public domain or in public thoughts as they consume that tasty McDs Burger and Coca Cola and that the HFCS producers, GMO companies, farm producers, Government agencies, lawmakers and financial interests are quite happy to keep consumers of their products ignorant of the facts.

As for the rat study by the University of Caen (the first study to run the rat study for 2 years rather than the 90 days), it is really just quite obvious that the organ failure and cancerous tumors exhibited by the rat study group, are merely the result that the rat genetics within the tested group haven't yet caught up to being fed the synthetic GMO corn, through the process of biological natural selection assuming of course their genetics can proceed after a the 3rd or 4th generation through the survival of fittest after constantly consuming the Monsanto product. wink

Unfortunately we'll have to wait another 25-100 years to find out if the rat study results can be applied to the human population now consuming the Monsanto product. Of course there is probably a scientific short cut though, GMO children for GMO corn. Heck they might even get the patent!.. whistle

#251221 - 09/27/12 06:33 AM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Loc: SoCal Mtns
When I say chemicals,read the labels on processed food,reads like a chemistry set,my homegrown/produced products do not.Yes,mine may have a few chemicals,it isnt chock full of endless alphabet chems.

I dont need food dyes,etc etc etc,or organo-phosphates on MY veggies I grow.

I will say this,the fewer chemicals you ingest from the the food you eat,breathe,the better off you are.

I DONT believe in better living thru chemicals.

And lets not get obtuse and say what about medicines that save your life? Thats of course true,there are also many pharmaceuticals,approved,that are later shown after being used on us guinea pigs and found to be most harmful.Im not jumping on the latest drug bandwagon,no thanks,I'll take the generics with decades of apparent safety before the latest greatest poorly tested profit driven carp being tested on ME.

And that friends are the GMO's,Im NOT happy with that!Being a lab rat,or am I just a victim on the war on the populace? Plenty in power think 3/4 of the worlds population needs to be eliminated,and no,thats not paranoia,its factual,the literature is out there,real stuff. Yet freakin again it comes back to politics and what your level of comfort is with these aspects.

So I choose not to be the lab rat for them,but am fine letting someone else be one should they have no problem with that.

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/09/20/...rifying-tumors/

Is that pic your comfort risk level?It sure isnt mine.So now we have GMO HFCS in just about everything??? No,Im not comfortable with that.

In my foods I choose to avoid whatever non sense,profit generating chemicals I can.Have some red food dye,no thanks,not if I can avoid it,REASONABLY.

#251222 - 09/27/12 06:49 AM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

There are many examples of natures way being better than 'Pfizers' way....like on the blackberries for diarrhea/stomach cramps.Works better than the pharma drug,chock full of vitamins,tastes good and doesnt have side effects like constipation afterwards.Who needs Pharmas cure/treatment? Not me!

Silver for killing microbes,after all this time bacteria still havent developed immunity to that,but pharma? More and more powerful/dangerous drugs for the same that create super bugs.

Honey,another miracle drug but does have limitations,not for infants.

Not saying NO Pharma,saying avoid pharma until you need it for serious conditions,not for making salt not clump in packaging.Or plastics that leach hormones that are cheaper.Not interested,dont want it.

#251226 - 09/27/12 07:35 AM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

Apparently like Europe,the Russians arent so keen on GMO's either....
=======================================================

Russia suspends import and use of American GM corn after study revealed cancer risk

The European Food Safety Authority orders review in to the research, conducted at a French university
Russia's decision could be followed by other nations
Experts at the University of Caen conducted an experiment running for the full lives of rats - two years
The findings found raised levels of breast cancer, liver and kidney damage
The same trials also found minuscule amounts of a commonly used weedkiller, Roundup
Both the GM corn and Roundup are the creation of US biotech company Monsanto
================
Consumer scepticism in the UK and Europe means GM corn is not on supermarket shelves here, however it is fed to farm animals, including hens, pigs and dairy cows.
================

By Sean Poulter

PUBLISHED: 11:15 EST, 25 September 2012 | UPDATED: 01:57 EST, 26 September 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz27eY0QWIa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[size:20pt][/size]

#251230 - 09/27/12 08:50 PM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: spuds]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/09/27/...antos-gmo-corn/

The top 10 popular breakfast cereals most likely to contain Monsanto’s GM corn
===============================

Now some GOOD news for Californians....
---------
Poll finds Prop. 37 is likely to pass

In USC Dornsife/L.A. Times poll, supporters of labeling for genetically engineered food outnumber foes 2 to 1.

By more than a 2-to-1 margin, California voters favor an initiative to require food manufacturers and retailers to label fresh produce and processed foods that contain genetically engineered ingredients.

With less than six weeks until election day, Proposition 37 is supported by 61% of registered voters and opposed by 25%, according to a new USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll. An additional 14% were undecided or refused to answer.

The poll showed broad support among voter groups, but the interviews took place before Tuesday's start of a major television advertising blitz by opponents aimed at changing voters' minds on the issue.

As of Sunday, the Yes on 37 campaign had raised $3.5 million, with its largest contribution of $1.1 million coming from Mercola.com Health Resources, a privately held Illinois company that operates a "natural health" website.

So far, the opposition campaign has raised more than $32.5 million, collected mostly from businesses affected by the measure.Opponents — primarily biotech companies and some of the best known manufacturers of packaged foods, including Nestle, Coca-Cola and Kellogg

The No on 37 campaign's largest donor as of Sunday was Monsanto Co. with $7.1 million, according to Maplight.org, a nonpartisan campaign finance tracking service. Monsanto markets seeds to grow corn, soybeans and other crops genetically modified to resist herbicides and pesticides.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-prop37-times-poll-20120927,0,5015236.story

#251231 - 09/27/12 11:21 PM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Yawn.

If you don't want to eat GMOs, don't eat 'em.

If you don't want to grow GMOs, don't grow 'em.

Anything outside of that is, IMO, outside the scope of ETS.

Unless it refers to the skills specific to the processing of a Chernobyl rat.

Bon Appetit!
-Doug

(Honest comment: We have many fine, worthy, and highly skilled moderators; but I must respectfully submit that if I were a moderator I would have used my teeth to open the launch codes long ago. YMMV.)

#251235 - 09/28/12 05:13 AM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
spuds Offline
Old Hand

And if it doesnt interest you,why do you want to shut up those who it does?

Some of us think food poisoning is a survival issue.

So Dont read it if it isnt your cuppa tea?

And yes,since it involves politics,guess it will be shut,whatever.

But poisons to me is a survival issue.If you face a 'potential' threat (Just like a bullet spraying whack job) from cancer,or reproduction,isnt that something you should consider on your or your families survival radar?

Some of us would consider the latest info helpful in identifying potential life threatening situations.And things you can do to avoid that risk if YOU so choose.

#251236 - 09/28/12 09:43 AM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: spuds]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Barbarian's post on this is a rational,balanced view of food impurities and additives as they affect the major focus of this forum - disaster preparedness and survival issues. These days not too much of the food I and my family consume comes from cans. If the food supply chain is interrupted, the percentage of canned food in our diet will rise. In that situation, the benefits of canned far outweigh the possible negatives.

As always, reports of rational, substantive research are welcome. They do, indeed, provide food for thought.

And, yes, I think that is a pretty decent pun for 3 in the morning......

#251242 - 09/28/12 07:49 PM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I admit that I posted in a moment of frustration, and so my post was neither diplomatic nor helpful in advancing the conversation. For that I apologize.

However, I disagree that walking away from a thread is the right thing to do. When a thread goes off the rails, we members (and by extension Mr. Ritter's foundation) are all tarred with that same "tin foil hat" brush. So I believe it is quite proper to speak up.

If a corporate recruiter asked me about my online activities (and they do ask), would I be proud to list my participation in ETS? Not the way things are going. They would take one look and say "crackpot!" These are the same organizations that make expensive decisions based on the foundation's credibility. What we say and do here has ramifications, and we need to remember that.

That's my two cents' worth, and I'll let it go at that.

#251249 - 09/28/12 11:20 PM Re: More bad news about BPA in food packaging [Re: dougwalkabout]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
we members (and by extension Mr. Ritter's foundation) are all tarred with that same "tin foil hat" brush. So I believe it is quite proper to speak up.

Can I suggest that you watch two online documentaries from the UK from the early 1990s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS01DaQUu3g - A is for Atom. This is highly relevent to the Fukishima disaster and exposes the nuclear industry for the deception of the public as to the safety of its industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiQiv3x6xM - Goodbye Mrs Ant.

These documentaries predate wide spread acceptance of Genetically Modified Organisms in agricultural use.

'Tin foil hat', perhaps, but then again I am progressively losing my Normalcy bias as I think it will make for a better survival strategy in a world of vested exploitative interest.

As for the corporate recruiter asking about your online activities, I would tell the recruiter that basically it was none of his business. Almost as bad as asking about private pension arrangements. frown

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (09/28/12 11:20 PM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (M_a_x), 463 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by M_a_x
11 minutes 35 seconds ago
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.