Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#248938 - 07/23/12 09:57 PM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Roarmeister]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
I wasn't sure if it was a wolf or coyote as each time, I only caught the tail end of the scene...no pun intended.

As for the backgound or aerial camera work, it is a good addition to the show but takes away from concept of the show of Stroud being alone for 10 days unless the footage was taken before or after the 10 day period.

John Lubbock

#248939 - 07/23/12 10:06 PM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Roarmeister]
Denis Offline
Addict

Loc: Calgary, AB
I don't recall the specifics of the shot, but he's also been known to set up cameras and leave them unmanned to gather footage ... maybe that could account for it? Then again, we only saw around 80 minutes out of his 10 days out there so maybe he did have the opportunity to gather some of that footage personally at some point.

The thing I found interesting about the fire scenes was I was almost positive I saw one of his new knife sheaths - with the included firesteel - hanging from his belt the whole time smile

#248950 - 07/23/12 11:15 PM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Roarmeister]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Yes, you are correct, it is a coyote. I spot checked Episode 2, Part 1 which we have recorded. Stroud mentioned and filmed the coyote at about the 35 minute mark. Not sure how I missed that when I first watched the episode...

John Lubbock

#248961 - 07/24/12 01:33 AM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Denis]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Yep, that was definitely the Camillus brand knife. I recognized the green accents on the knife and sheath. He used his Temagami in the first show - which makes sense to use his Norweigian designed knife in Norway! smile

Side question - anyone know many locations/shows he is doing this season?

#248969 - 07/24/12 03:08 AM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Roarmeister]
Denis Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Roarmeister

I think that might be it for now. My understanding was he was moving to the special format instead of actually doing another actual season due to the physical demands of doing a full season's worth of shows.

#248972 - 07/24/12 03:25 AM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Denis]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Denis
Originally Posted By: Roarmeister

I think that might be it for now. My understanding was he was moving to the special format instead of actually doing another actual season due to the physical demands of doing a full season's worth of shows.

It will be interesting to see if this is the actual end of the specials. I would think that Stroud probably has a few more planned and or finished as OLN ran a number of commercials promoting a new season and which I don't think that 4 x 1 hour episodes is the complete series due to the promotion the show has been given. I guess we will find out this Saturday night if a new episode airs or not...

John Lubbock

#249003 - 07/25/12 12:16 AM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Roarmeister]
Alex Offline
Old Hand

Loc: -
Found the first part of 2-nd episode on Vimeo.

#249422 - 08/03/12 04:08 AM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Roarmeister]
Denis Offline
Addict

I came across some information about the US airings: He's back: 'Survivorman' returns to Discovery

It looks like a new episode will air on the Discovery Channel August 19th at 9 pm ET.

#249451 - 08/04/12 02:17 PM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Denis]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Thanks for digging up the information. I'm looking forward to the first airing here.

#249518 - 08/06/12 04:45 PM Re: Survivorman 10 Days premieres Saturday, June 30 [Re: Denis]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: Denis
I came across some information about the US airings: He's back: 'Survivorman' returns to Discovery

It looks like a new episode will air on the Discovery Channel August 19th at 9 pm ET.

I believe that is the US debut of the series, being shown after the Olympics and not a continuation of the series or more episodes being shown in Canada. I'm not even sure there are more SM-10days episodes beyond these 4.

In other news from Les's FB page "last week shot a new pilot for a Survivorman series called - wait for it - 'Survivorman and Son' - thats right I said (and SON)". Yep, it looks like he is bringing the family into the show. I expect an abbreviated series - probably 4 episodes or so. I don't know how old his kids are but I am guessing late teens.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.