Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#247923 - 07/03/12 07:21 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: Stephen]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
Originally Posted By: Stephen
You know,
if I come across as an A *****l, it;s not my intent.

Stephen, I welcome you and your posts.
I do not believe that you came across as an Anthill.
And. believe that you have given me a very useful new epithet, tho I, too, strive not to be an Anthill.

#247935 - 07/03/12 10:37 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: nursemike]
Stephen Offline

Loc: Canada
laugh thanks Mike,

I am new to forums. I usually prefer to be outside "doing" rather that typing but I have been upgraded (or downgraded depending how you look at it) to a desk job.

My problem is that as soon as I type something out it usually dosen't come across as intended. My phone rings twice a day in regards to emails I have written to various people at work.

I type something. Read it later and go......"ooooooouuu, that didn't sound right"

Anthill.....yeah. That's a better way of putting it.

#248069 - 07/06/12 09:13 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: Frisket]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

A few years ago I joined the Virgin mobile Lounge. That was the carrier of the cells we were issued, mainly because they were cheap (I damaged a lot of them) and fairly reliable. The lounge was riddled with pedophiles and really stupid kids who fell for thier lines of BS. Despite hundred of calls and emails to VM nothing was ever done about them. Next we tried contacting federal authorities. Nothing. So we began to police the various lounges ourselves. First we outed the peds. Then we warned the kids when the peds were after them. Finally we had to take stronger measures. Then VM got the contract under Assurance Wireless to supply service to anyone on welfare or was disabled etc. Free phone and free minutes every month. The peds came out of the woodwork. It was like trying to turn back the sea with a dixie cup. Finally they had so many complaints they had to close the place down. There was no security at all there and we assume that someone finally used the word lawsuit.
Here there a few good mods, they stay on top of things and are approachable. And some I truly wonder about.
As for myself, yes I use snake doctor as my handle. It was the second name I was given and long before that TV series came out. There are many here who would recognize my first name and quite simply I don't want the hassle of being known and pestered. I come here to learn, share and mess with Chaosmagnet.
While Stephen is correct I think he could have stated his opinions in a more subtle way.
Just ol snakes humble opinion. You're certainly entitled to yours. Thanks for bearing with me.

#248071 - 07/06/12 09:32 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: ]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Um Izzy? Who are you calling nice? Just because it says to be nice in my qoute doesn't mean that I am indeed nice. I'm mean I tell you. Mean, evil and rotten to the core.

#248072 - 07/06/12 09:42 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: quick_joey_small]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Oh Joey? Ayoob? Really? Sorry, but I lost all respect for the man when I learned he had a breakfast consisting of a a pack of twinkies and a six pack before teaching firearms safety and taking suspects in buildings.
He can be funny though.

#248080 - 07/07/12 04:06 AM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: ]
Stephen Offline

Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
...While Stephen is correct I think he could have stated his opinions in a more subtle way.

Man...If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one.

Thats why I work for the government, no civilian employer could deal with my lack of social skills.

#248089 - 07/07/12 11:01 AM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: Frisket]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
I'm still very impressed by his writings. Seems wise and full of common sense.
His blog is a laughable distortion of reality though. POLITICAL OPINION. When I called him out on this he invented insults I'd never posted to ban me. You can see for yourself the posts are still there.
And no I'm not starting a discussion on POLITICAL OPINION here.

>Oh Joey? Ayoob? Really? Sorry, but I lost all respect for the >man when I learned he had a breakfast consisting of a a pack of >twinkies and a six pack before teaching firearms safety and >taking suspects in buildings.
>He can be funny though.

Edited by chaosmagnet (07/09/12 04:32 PM)
Edit Reason: Political opinions removed

#248138 - 07/07/12 09:04 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: Stephen]
Snake_Doctor
Unregistered

Lmao @ Stephen. I thought the Canadians were sickeningly polite dude?

#248140 - 07/07/12 09:36 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: Frisket]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
I am coming in late to this thread as I have been out and about enjoying some spectacular mountain scenery this past week!

After reading through most, but not all posts on this topic, I can agree that on this forum, the info posted is only as good as you interpet it. Like any other forum, there is very good info here. And on the flip side, IMHO, there has been some very bad info posted here and it is ultimately up to the reader to interpet and judge whether that info and person is trustworthy enough to believe...and to also pursue alternative research on the subject.

In the almost 3 years I have been a member here, there are several people here whom I would not quibble about talking to in person in real life around a campfire...regardless of them using or not using their real name. As the recent Dave Canterbury thread clearly demonstrates, using a real name on TV or the internet does not make you credible when you mislead people about your supposed experience.

All in all, this a good forum and a tip of the hat goes to the MOD's for keeping a tight handle on things when needed..

John Lubbock

#248144 - 07/07/12 10:43 PM Re: If The Forum Loses Credibility? [Re: ]
Stephen Offline

Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
Lmao @ Stephen. I thought the Canadians were sickeningly polite dude?

Hey, come on now. Thinking ALL Canadians are sickeningly polite is like saying ALL Americans are loud, arrogant, obnoxious......

Oh Yeah...

I can't really finish that sentence. laugh

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (brandtb), 240 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.