#247656 - 06/28/12 10:56 PM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: GarlyDog]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
Originally Posted By: GarlyDog
Always need a pen it seems....

I EDC a pico pen on my keychain.

http://www.tecaccessories.com/products/product.php?II=13

I used to until it levitated off my keychain. Any one want some refills or an extra cap/ring assembly PM me, happy to find a home for them.

I now keep a Zebra pen and pencil set in my mission wallet.

I also keep a PicoPad (some sticky notes with a small ball point pen in my regular wallet.

A good shooping spot for a variety of pens, pencils and pads is JetPens.

Just a satisfied consumer of all of the above.

#247657 - 06/28/12 11:47 PM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: TeacherRO]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
Tao Pen from CRKT

Got it for Christmas. Before this one, the only pen that survived as a daily carry in a pants pocket was a matte black Fisher Space Pen. This one is showing almost no wear (high points on the threads and sharp corners on the cap). The Space Pen had a few chips on the pen end but the rest of the finish wore from matte to a textured semi gloss. The Fisher had started coming unscrewed in my pocket.

#247664 - 06/29/12 01:24 AM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: TeacherRO]
JerryFountain Offline
Addict

Loc: St. Petersburg, Florida
As a died in the wool geek, I carry a pen at all times. (I even still carry a slide rule in my breifcase. :-) The pen I carry now (and the first one I have not been able to break is a Countycomm Embassy pen. Fisher Space refill, smooth ends but sturdy enough to use as a kubaton, non-threatening to security.

I also carry a Write-in-the-Rain notebook in a plastic sleeve that I picked up somewhere. It is used for notes I want to keep for a while. I also carry a cheap notebook for scratch notes.

Respectfully,

Jerry

#247674 - 06/29/12 02:44 AM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: JerryFountain]
acropolis5 Offline
Enthusiast

I EDC a Tornado by Retro1951, in stainless steel. About $22.50, if I remember correctly. Indestructible and retro cool. My only disappointment is that it will not take Space Pen refills. I use the rollerball refills.

#247680 - 06/29/12 04:03 AM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: TeacherRO]
bigmbogo Offline
Journeyman

I love this one that fits in my Victorinox SAK. It actually writes pretty well, and since I always have my SAK with me, I always have a pen handy.

http://tinyurl.com/cvtwbdu

David

#247692 - 06/29/12 01:20 PM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: bigmbogo]
Mark_F Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Kentucky
nice big. My SAK came with the tweezers and that almost completely useless toothpick. Next time I am somewhere that sells those pens, I'll see if it will fit in the toothpick's space.

#247712 - 06/29/12 08:20 PM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: ]
Mark_R Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Like most EDCers I've come to love Zebra's pens. The model F-701 Stainless Steel seems to be a favorite amongst people. It's my primary full size EDC Pen. Second is the F-301 Compact. The F-701 was like $5.99 at Wal-Mart. And you get, at least at the time you did, two F-301's for I think $4.95.

About two years ago we invited a LEO into our home to report some crime. He had the F-701 that he was very protective of. He said he never lets anyone use it and that he has disposable bic pens for anyone filling out a report. I said "Hold on...I'll get my F-701." And he laughed.

And like most people I've got a nice 3x5" Rite in the Rain notebooks (About 10, actually. But only 1 with me, of course) I got free through various promotions from some tactical companies.

The pen is my most used piece of daily ballast. Zebra F-701 in my pocket and a Uniball Vision micro needlepoint gel in with the checkbook. I haven't found a mechanical pencil I really like, so I'm still using the cheapies.

I carry a basic 3x5 memo pad in my back pocket. The Rite in the Rain ones are overkill for how fast I go through them.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane

#247715 - 06/29/12 09:26 PM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: TeacherRO]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
A pen/pad was more or less required carry when in the Army. One problem was the pen was borrowed and not returned. Here is my trick.

Carry two pens, one to use, one to loan. The loaner pen has to have a cap. When you loan the pen, don't loan the cap. If you keep the pen, you get a nice stain.

Also, instead of a pad, I carry 3x5 cards with a clip holding them together. For that matter, I carry business cards I can write on the back of.

#247716 - 06/29/12 09:45 PM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: TeacherRO]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Which is the better pen, the Zebra F-701 or a Fisher Space Pen, particularly the AG7?

Jeanette Isabelle

#247721 - 06/30/12 12:35 AM Re: Yeah, get a pen [Re: TeacherRO]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Been looking for a EDC pen Bought the F-301 a half hour ago. Its Decent In construction better then most pens I have liked. The Rubberized part is plastic all the way threw but i can live with that. The Tailcap clickie switch Stays in the pen along with the part that swivels Which is a great bonus. The Spring is wedge fitted onto the ink cart so it doesnt lunch itself off or simply slide off so that is another big bonus.

What Rides in my EDC bag is a promotional give away pen that is all metal and of really surprisingly decent quality. The Pen I Put in items such as a Laptop bag is a Pilot G-2 which just glides the way I love across paper.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 301 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.