Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#244058 - 03/30/12 01:27 AM Re: "In Case of Emergency" slot on cell phones and EMT [Re: LesSnyder]
UrbanKathy Offline

Loc: Queens, NYC
First, thanks everyone for your kind words. I just got back from the hospital, and what a difference a day and a half makes. Although she broke many bones on one side of her face, her eye socket, and had some bleeding on the brain, she's come back very well. The bleeding has almost stopped, and they were able to save her eye (not 100% vision, but decent or good vision they think). At first she didn't know anyone, including her daughter, but now she's giving orders! Back to her old self.

More to the point, LesSnyder: For the past few years I've been doing just that for her (she is elderly)--typing her meds and conditons on a small card along with her name and month/year so that she could just hand EMT the card. Unfortunately, she didn't bring her pocketbook or wallet and couldn't tell them anything. But I have been able to use it for my Mom and Dad whenever they went to the hospital--just hand it to EMT. It's clear and they appreciate it.

#244059 - 03/30/12 01:29 AM Re: "In Case of Emergency" slot on cell phones and EMT [Re: chaosmagnet]
UrbanKathy Offline

Loc: Queens, NYC
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, UrbanKathy. Thank you for letting us know about FDNY using a phone that way.

I always pray that when I have to call an ambulance (for family) that it's FDNY EMT. They really are the BEST!

#244071 - 03/30/12 11:39 AM Re: "In Case of Emergency" slot on cell phones and EMT [Re: UrbanKathy]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Kathy. I hope she's OK.

Great advice to keep an ICE contact or two in your one. As Les says, I also carry an ICE sheet in my wallet. It's just a piece of paper with emergency contacts (hubby, mom, bff, dr, pharmacy knfo, etc.) but it's proment in my wallet and will work if I forget to charge it.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#244080 - 03/30/12 02:47 PM Re: "In Case of Emergency" slot on cell phones and EMT [Re: UrbanKathy]
ajax Offline

I have a Road ID as well. Just like a LiveStrong bracelet. Small, unobtrusive, waterproof. I never take it off.

There's also a free iPhone app called ICE Standard. It may not be helpful to the EMTs but it could speed up the identification process if you're incapacitated.

#244087 - 03/30/12 05:22 PM Re: "In Case of Emergency" slot on cell phones and EMT [Re: ajax]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: ajax
I have a Road ID as well. Just like a LiveStrong bracelet. Small, unobtrusive, waterproof. I never take it off.

There's also a free iPhone app called ICE Standard. It may not be helpful to the EMTs but it could speed up the identification process if you're incapacitated.

I like the look of that. I understand that Medical Alert has a bunch of modern style options as well, rather thank just the old metal bracelts and necklaces.

Thanks for the heads up. I think this is something that I'm going to look into.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#244541 - 04/06/12 03:36 PM Re: "In Case of Emergency" slot on cell phones and EMT [Re: UrbanKathy]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Also add a slot for " please return to" and a number. People are often very kind.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 398 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.