Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#242113 - 02/29/12 11:01 PM 1lb propane adapters.
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I've seen others here use those 1lb propane adapters to refill the tanks so maybe you know where to find these. I want to be able to take the stove out of my camper and use it outside but also put back inside if needed. So I'm looking for some kind of make and female hand tighten adapters so I can disconnect from inside and screw on a regulator connected to a 1lb tank.

#242138 - 03/01/12 02:44 AM Re: 1lb propane adapters. [Re: Eugene]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
I'm not sure I understand your question...if you are referring to one of the bulk supply lines used for long term propane to something like a camp stove (that have a male to 25# bottle and female to appliance fitting), they can be found in any camping store or WallMart, mine is sold by Coleman... if you are referring to one of the adapters to fill a 1# bottle from a 25# bulk container the adapters can be found at Harbor Freight... before I found them at HF, got mine thru the internet as unassembled pieces to preclude any liability on the seller's part...if you are referring to adapters to 1# bottles, put the bottle in the freezer for a day, and invert the 25# bottle to put as much liquid in the small bottle as possible... you will get a perfume sting when you unscrew the bottle...do it outside... about 1 in 4 of my 1# bottles leak at the Schrader valve after being filled..just connect them immediately to the appliance

addendum: was browsing thru Northern Tool this morning... has a selection of LP hoses with a variety of end fittings

Edited by LesSnyder (03/01/12 05:52 PM)

#242225 - 03/02/12 01:42 AM Re: 1lb propane adapters. [Re: Eugene]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Eugene,

There are a couple of fittings in possible use in your camper stove. You will need to look at it so you can get the right adapter and hose. You can get one that attaches to a 1 lb tank, or you could get a setup that attaches to a bulk tank. On my camper stove there is a quick connect fitting allowing me to take it outside.

Here are some fittings to look at...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_15?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=propane+adapter&sprefix=propane+adapter%2Caps%2C256

#242367 - 03/03/12 05:07 PM Re: 1lb propane adapters. [Re: Eugene]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I guess I wasn't clear in the first post smile
I need some quick connect fittings, the stove currently is non removable so its a copper pipe with a flared fitting. I want to adapt a hand tighten coupler to the side of the stove so I can remove it. So i need a male and female for the stove to camper connection then a matching connector to be able to add a short hose to connect to 1lb tanks.

#242385 - 03/03/12 08:59 PM Re: 1lb propane adapters. [Re: Eugene]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Here are some RV propane fittings.

http://www.easternmarine.com/RV-Propane-Stoves-Hoses-Accessories/

If the stove was not made to transport in and out, I would go to a RV repair place and talk to the tech. You don't want to turn your camper into a mobile gas chamber. An inexpensive alternative is to buy a Coleman propane stove from ebay and an adapter hose for your big tank.

#242462 - 03/04/12 10:27 PM Re: 1lb propane adapters. [Re: Eugene]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Lets see if this makes it more clear. I have a Coleman camp stove hose but the stove side is a specialized connector that I can't find a matching fitting for. So I'd like to find short hose that I can connect to my stove from a 1lb tank. I have a 25lb to 1lb hose already.

The reason I'm using this and not a portable coleman is its already built into the camper kitchen. I'm just making the whole kitchen removable.

Edited by Eugene (03/04/12 10:31 PM)

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.