Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240305 - 01/30/12 10:09 PM Re: #1 Cardio [Re: ]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
No Nazis in Canyon de Chelly - strictly against regulations.

I love that movie. Of course, it is actually just a standard documentary about the humdrum scholarly life of the average dedicated archaeologist. I rolled my eyes at the old swap-the-bag-of-sand-for-the golden-idol; we have been doing that for years and it regularly discussed in every Archeo 101 class during the first week.

#240316 - 01/31/12 01:35 AM Re: #1 Cardio [Re: TeacherRO]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
From the article, I do appreciate the bit about super slow weight lifting. I have done this before with successful results, and I actually forgot about this technique. It's a good way to shock the muscles into growth. However, again, it's about variety. My body can burn out from doing too much super slow weight lifting, just like doing too much of anything else.

I fit in traditional cardio (e.g., jogging) whenever I can. For strength, I don't have time for the gym. So, I do a modified version of Grease-The-Groove (GTG). I recommend this option for people with tight schedules who work at home or at a place where GTG is possible. My strength is just as good, or better, than my strength when I was going to the gym regularly.

#240332 - 01/31/12 03:41 PM Re: #1 Cardio [Re: TeacherRO]
Pete Offline
Veteran

Here's an interesting true story that comes from the Amazon. It's got nothing to do with "cardio" ... except that if you are Indiana Jones and you get chased by indigenous warriors ... you better run really fast.

Many years ago an ornithologist visited a region in the Amazon. He was impressed with the hummingbird species, but did not have time to take a lot of specimens. So he asked the local Indian people to shoot some hummingbirds with their blowdarts.

In due course, some hummingbirds reached the ornithologist. They were shot dead with darts. But he wasn't happy because the darts damaged the feathers and the bodies of the birds. So he sent back a message to the Indians that he didn't want the feathers disturbed.

After some time a second package arrived. When the ornithologist opened it, he was amazed to discover several dead hummingbirds with their eyes pierced. The Indians had shot the hummingbirds through the eyes with their blowdarts.

Now ... that's accuracy for you !!

Definitely a good reason to work on cardio. :-)

Pete2

#240669 - 02/07/12 07:42 AM Re: #1 Cardio [Re: TeacherRO]
Petersuang Offline
Stranger

I do agree with you people here cardio exercise is one of the best exercise for all people from fitness point of view. It also save us from different diseases as well .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.