#238749 - 01/05/12 10:49 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: bacpacjac]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Originally Posted By: Denis
Originally Posted By: Dagny
I, for one, could do with less gore ...

Does this mean I'm not the only one who blocks the screen or looks away during the icky parts? grin

You're not alone in that Denis.

I keep my finger on the mute button and close my eyes when I hear the zombie breath.

Heebie-jeebies!

#238764 - 01/06/12 04:06 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Denis]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Save Daryl, they all appear to be urbanites whose skill set doesn't appear to include agriculture (cops, a pizza delivery boy, a lawyer, housewives, ???).

The pizza guy's got a certain skill that he has applied to this agrarian situation! *high five!*

The zombie disease, as portrayed in the show, confuses me. If the internal organs stop functioning, then how can the zombies get the body to move? Also, the body needs fuel to move, and even if the body somehow feeds on itself, the reserve is limited. Won't the zombies eventually die (really die) from the lack of food, the cold, etc.? The barn situation shows zombies need to feed on something beyond brain. Rick and the gang can just stay put on the farm for a couple of weeks at best, & wait for the zombies to die out.

#238797 - 01/06/12 06:57 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Hey Bingley, Here is a LINK to the Walking Dead wiki on their zombies. Which I am reminded they have not called them zombies yet on the show, they call them Walkers and things like that. It was the same in the comics they weren't called zombies until long after the apocalypse started.

#238966 - 01/09/12 05:28 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Denis]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
It's like Shane has it set in his head that they should be out on the road, fighting for survival and that path will somehow lead to the ideal ending that he's envisioned (no Rick maybe?). He's willing to risk the group's safety to satisfy his vision of the future.
At the start of series 2, Shane wanted to leave the group because he realised his presence was causing pain to Lori. It was a noble thing to want. If Andrea or anyone else was fed up with the group and wanted to follow him, so much the better. He kept the group alive for several months before Rick turned up; he doesn't need Rick.

He stayed around to help search for the missing girl, and then because he was needed to help save Carl, and then Daryl got injured. So again, for noble reasons. Now he's just discovered Lori's having his baby so he's conflicted about that.

When he went with Otis to get medical supplies, and they got trapped, he offered to sacrifice himself for Otis. Otis refused. Otis choice is what determined the outcome. Either both Otis and Shane would die, and Carl afterwards, or Shane and Carl could survive. Disabling Otis was not an easy thing to do, but it was the correct moral choice. There was no outcome in which Otis could survive.

I like Shane. Some people seem to think he's near-sociopathic, but I think he's a good man doing the best he can in difficult circumstances. He's put himself in harms way for the sake of the group many times. Rick would have died in the hospital if Shane hadn't taken the time to secure the door before leaving.

#238989 - 01/09/12 09:43 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Brangdon]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Brangdon

I like Shane. Some people seem to think he's near-sociopathic, but I think he's a good man doing the best he can in difficult circumstances. He's put himself in harms way for the sake of the group many times. Rick would have died in the hospital if Shane hadn't taken the time to secure the door before leaving.

Ditto. If I had to pick one person out of that group to rely on in that Walking Dead world, it would be Shane.

Ruthless, a great shot and good looking.

Second choice is Daryl.

Rick was a fool for going back for that neo-Nazi, Merle (Daryl's brother).

#239014 - 01/10/12 02:58 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Mostly like the show but it seems the writers are deliberately pushing people's buttons by making some of the characters really dense and useless (Lori and Andrea) or aggrevating (Shane). But very subtley they have made guys like Glenn and Daryl the most interesting.

Have you checked out the discussion board on the AMC website? Some interesting discussions but at the same time you can tell that some people have really taken this show to heart. They also have a bit of a character quiz to see whom you most resemble on the show. Of course it's flawed but it was intersting to note I resembled Rick the most (although a Dale or Glenn wouldn't have insulted me either.)

I've watched the show (entertainment value only) since show 1 and then watched the New Year's eve marathon to pick up on a few extra details. It's only been the last couple of years that I have been watching the "Dead" movies having watched the original show waaayyyy back when.

#239016 - 01/10/12 03:09 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Brangdon]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: Brangdon
[quote=Denis]

Sociopath or not - he's a good character to have in the show as a lot of the action plays out around him. I personally think he's a ticking time bomb with his growing propensity for violence. Let's face it, he made have good intensions but the fact that he lined up Rick in his sights, nearly went postal at the CIC, barely restrained himself in his attack on Lori, sacrificed Otis, threatened to kill Dale and then really blew up at the barn scene. He wants to be a good man and a role model for Carl and wants to have a relationship with Lori but he is way too volatile. That will come in handy as he will explosively react with the other characters. He is like a barely restrained and once tamed wolf going back wild. One of these days he and Rick will "have it out" and a season cliffhanger will be born! smile

#239018 - 01/10/12 03:28 AM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Roarmeister]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Roarmeister
Have you checked out the discussion board on the AMC website? Some interesting discussions but at the same time you can tell that some people have really taken this show to heart. They also have a bit of a character quiz to see whom you most resemble on the show. Of course it's flawed but it was intersting to note I resembled Rick the most (although a Dale or Glenn wouldn't have insulted me either.)

I got Rick, too. Or "survival leader," with a picture of Rick.

Dagny and other supporters of Shane: take the test and see if you get Shane:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/survival-test

Maybe we just like characters we resemble!

#239049 - 01/10/12 03:57 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Bingley]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Bingley

Dagny and other supporters of Shane: take the test and see if you get Shane:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/survival-test

Maybe we just like characters we resemble!

Ha - I was categorized as "Father Figure" (Dale).

Of course, no one can know for sure beforehand what they'd do in an extreme situation.

But if a Walker tried to eat my dog there is no question that I'd turn their brain into puddin'....

#239063 - 01/10/12 08:30 PM Re: The Walking Dead - AMC series [Re: Dagny]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
i got "Natural Leader".

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.