Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#238404 - 01/01/12 06:10 AM Re: Car urinal [Re: acropolis5]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: acropolis5
And we, dear Haertig, the good people of New Jersey, would respond approximately. We'd tie a knot in for you so that the problem would not repeat itself!

I was joking, maybe that wasn't obvious. Sorry about that. I used to live in New Jersey. A place named Short Hills. Pretty nice as I recall. That was a while ago.

#238406 - 01/01/12 07:46 AM Re: Car urinal [Re: haertig]
Mark_M Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: haertig
Originally Posted By: Bingley
Heck, I remember holding it in as I drove through the whole state of New Jersey. So what solutions do you guys use?

I would have just peed on New Jersey myself. Even if I didn't really have to go.

I guess that's only fair, as I have peed on Colorado plenty of times. wink

#238419 - 01/01/12 05:20 PM Re: Car urinal [Re: bacpacjac]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
I saw some women's urinals at an outdoor store last week. Interesting but I think I'd prefer to squat most of the time. Winter cold may change my mind about trying it.

Have any women out there tried the clothing line with bottoms that open strategically to lessen our exposure?

There are women's urinating aids on the market that allow women to stand and pee. Basically an anatomically fitted funnel. I know a few women who like to use them especially while camping.

#238421 - 01/01/12 05:30 PM Re: Car urinal [Re: Bingley]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hopefully those things are biodegradable/disposable, otherwise what do you do with them after you use them.
I need to figure out what to do for my daughter, when your 4 its not as easy to hold it as an adult.

#238426 - 01/01/12 05:45 PM Re: Car urinal [Re: Eugene]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Eugene
Hopefully those things are biodegradable/disposable, otherwise what do you do with them after you use them.
I need to figure out what to do for my daughter, when your 4 its not as easy to hold it as an adult.

It's hard at the best of times but especially at 4. For niece (and myself) I open both passenger side doors, and have her squat between them. She can hold onto the frame between the doors, which not only gives her some privacy and a wind break, it helps her to rock back on her heels.

It doesn't solve the exposure to the cold problem but does lessen the splatter effect. (It's not just gross, it makes things chilly when it's cold outside.)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#238433 - 01/01/12 05:58 PM Re: Car urinal [Re: Bingley]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Here's what I would do:

Obtain fresh, dry wood charcoal from my firepit or stove, and fill a plastic, wide-mouth mayo or peanut butter container 2/3 full. The charcoal absorbs some of the moisture and kills the smell entirely.

Bonus points if you carry a second container with some fine charcoal to sprinkle on top after use.

Double bonus points if you spread the contents around a tree afterward. It's first-class fertilizer, enhances the soil, and doesn't hurt a thing.

#238440 - 01/01/12 09:31 PM Re: Car urinal [Re: bacpacjac]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Originally Posted By: Eugene

It's hard at the best of times but especially at 4. For niece (and myself) I open both passenger side doors, and have her squat between them. She can hold onto the frame between the doors, which not only gives her some privacy and a wind break, it helps her to rock back on her heels.

It doesn't solve the exposure to the cold problem but does lessen the splatter effect. (It's not just gross, it makes things chilly when it's cold outside.)

Ohh, I was thinking when hiking. while driving i throw the camper on the truck and it has a potty.

#238445 - 01/02/12 12:00 AM Re: Car urinal [Re: Bingley]
Glock-A-Roo Offline
Old Hand

Gatorade bottle with a capital "P" written on the lid with a Sharpie as a reminder...

"No, don't drink that orange-ish Gatorade!" smile

#238447 - 01/02/12 12:23 AM Re: Car urinal [Re: haertig]
acropolis5 Offline
Enthusiast

Short Hills nice??? NAW.....it's probably among the richest and glitziest suburbs in the country! I guess the money fairy smiled on you Haertig. It's OK guy. I'm just busting your chops a little..."Joisey Style". All is forgiven in good humor. Happy and healthy New Year to all.

#238450 - 01/02/12 01:31 AM Re: Car urinal [Re: acropolis5]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: acropolis5
Short Hills nice??? NAW.....it's probably among the richest and glitziest suburbs in the country! I guess the money fairy smiled on you Haertig.

I don't remember being rich at all. I think we were more middle class. I was a kid when we lived in NJ and my dad was a colonel in the Army back then. I don't think that makes for much money. Maybe there's more than one Short Hills? I remember we had friends in some other towns named Mapleton or Maple-something-or-other and in Milbern. And when we went shopping on base it was at Fort Monmoth. So we were in the Short Hills near those places, probably not the ritzy one. Or maybe it wasn't considered ritzy 40 years ago? Since moving away those many years ago I've only been back once. I flew into Newark and by looking around that area I thought the whole state must be paved in asphalt. Then I took the train to Princeton where I had some training classes for work. That was a beautiful area back then (around the time President Reagen got shot - I remember seeing that on the news when I was there). Lots of trees as I remember - just the opposite of the big city feel of Newark.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 144 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by brandtb
04/03/24 08:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.