The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#238838 - 01/07/12 05:57 AM Re: Commuter Kit [Re: Teslinhiker]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
-20 if not more,Celsius? The problem with pea whistles is,moving parts & if the pea were to malfunction,stick,disintegrate,etc. the chamber didn't produce enough sound to be audible.Myth or Not,An emergency is not the time one would like the chance,for this to happen,Even if it's a slim chance!Personally,I would like to get by with more than the hair of my chinny chin chin,How about you,Aaa!

#238854 - 01/07/12 12:35 PM Re: Commuter Kit [Re: chaosmagnet]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
I have a flat 3 chambered TOPS brand whistle slipped behind my multi tool I EDC, but have gone back a more robust traditional brass whistle with pea as part of my key chain group...I lost the mini Fox from the AMK... assume the ring let go....in a non scientific test of the three.. at my declining age I hear the frequency range of the traditional whistle with trill better

#238858 - 01/07/12 05:04 PM Re: Commuter Kit [Re: chaosmagnet]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I'm getting conflicting opinions on the Whistles for Life Safety Whistle. I carry a Fox 40 Classic on my key chain. How can I know which is the best key chain size whistle (something smaller than The Storm)?

Jeanette Isabelle

#238859 - 01/07/12 05:21 PM Re: Commuter Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
I'm getting conflicting opinions on the Whistles for Life Safety Whistle. I carry a Fox 40 Classic on my key chain. How can I know which is the best key chain size whistle (something smaller than The Storm)?
Jeanette Isabelle

There is nothing wrong with the Whistles for Life whistle or the Fox 40. Either will function fine for 99.9999999% of any person's needs.

People get too caught up in semantics and opinions that offer no comparison to real world situations. This can be applied to all gear such as what is the best cup, stove, backpack, knife grind, flashlight and so on. Choose the gear that is right for your needs, and stay away from junk knockoff gear and you will be fine...

John Lubbock

#238867 - 01/07/12 07:16 PM Re: Commuter Kit [Re: Teslinhiker]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
There is nothing wrong with the Whistles for Life whistle or the Fox 40. Either will function fine for 99.9999999% of any person's needs.

People get too caught up in semantics and opinions that offer no comparison to real world situations.

One time I used my Fox 40 Classic, rated 115 decibels, and no one in close proximity heard it. A guy on the other side of the fence was mowing the lawn. Would the multi frequencies of the Whistles for Life Safety Whistle have made a difference over the noise of the lawn mower?

Jeanette Isabelle

#238895 - 01/08/12 02:49 AM Re: Commuter Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle

Jeanette Isabelle

To quote Bogie to Bacall

"you just put your lips together and blow"

Attachments
Poster-To-Have-and-Have-Not_02.jpg (296 downloads)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 388 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.