Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#236965 - 12/07/11 06:04 PM Re: Anything like ( The Colony ) ??? [Re: Richlacal]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

ummm
There is an episode with the title ( Botswana ) on the MWW show, but haven't seem an episode titled " sonoran desert". And frankly I didn't like the show in general. The guy looks like an apprentice comedian , rather than "special forces expert". Just my humble opinion.

In any case, I am a city guy and only have a small interest in wildreness (desert) survival for the off chance that I find myself in a bad situation on long highways. It is many years since I have gone out to desert on our work. I have left that stuff for younger guys, and stuck myself to indoors type work.

These days, I am more focused on urban preparedness and dealing with in-house or in-door type survival situations. So, I have gone through CPR training ..etc.

I have started watching ( Survivors ) but will be some time before I have an opinion.

#236972 - 12/07/11 06:21 PM Re: Anything like ( The Colony ) ??? [Re: Arney]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
+1 Survivors was a great TV show. I can't believe they cancelled it after just one season!

I don't know if we are talking about the same show but in You tube, there are 3 seasons, each season is 12 or 13 episodes.

#236979 - 12/07/11 07:45 PM Re: Anything like ( The Colony ) ??? [Re: Chisel]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Quote:
+1 Survivors was a great TV show. I can't believe they cancelled it after just one season!

I don't know if we are talking about the same show but in You tube, there are 3 seasons, each season is 12 or 13 episodes.

I hope you're right Chisel. I just watched the end of Season 2 on Netflicks. They don't have a Season 3 but I'm in withdrawal so will seek it out. Thanks!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#236992 - 12/07/11 10:59 PM Re: Anything like ( The Colony ) ??? [Re: Chisel]
Cauldronborn2 Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:

The BBC made two series called Survivors. One made 1975-77 and another in 2008 with its second season airing in 2010. The details of both are on wikipedia if you want to check for yourself, though from the length of the seasons I wought say you had the 1975-77 series.

#236993 - 12/07/11 11:20 PM Re: Anything like ( The Colony ) ??? [Re: Chisel]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California

Actually, my mistake. I'm talking about the modern version--this one.

The American DVD set that I have of this BBC TV show includes Series 1 and 2, so in my mind, it's just like one TV season in length. Again, such a shame it was cancelled, especially with a cliff hanger of an ending.

#237047 - 12/08/11 08:48 PM Re: Anything like ( The Colony ) ??? [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

1975-77 ?? This explains the oooold nature of the show. So, then , I will skip to season 2 which seems to be seaon 1 of the modern version.

One point - irony - caught my attention although it maybe very insignificant to others here in the forum, and to this thread.

In episode 1 or 2 of survivors, most people have died and only a few survivors are left with all the stores open for them to take whatever they wanted.. One guy goes in a Rolls Royce showroom and drives off in a shopping spree. Funny thing is that in Britian where gas is very expensive, he took a new car and started driving around. In my country you will expect to get a new car with a FULL gas tank, however I always got a new car with less than half a liter of gas !!!! In 1979, I bought my first new car , drove it to the nearest gas station, and we had to push it the last 10 meters of the trip.

This year (2011), I bought a new car and had to ask my son to drive the other car ahead of me to make sure there is no obstacles to the gas station. I was driving the brand new car on gas fumes !!! So, I didn't envy that guy for driving a Rolls Royce, but rather for getting a new car and it has some gas in the tank !!!

Sorry for the subject detour , but I couldn't help notice that point.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.