3 Pile-o-toothpicks drive
tornadoville

Or

Stalach 13
MartialCity

Or

3 burnning bum lane
riotville

If I had bugged out to live in a debris hut for 3 months with a tarp for a roof it would be because I was leaving behind one of the above addresses.

These scenarios aren't within the scope of this forum's topic tho.

#23640 - 01/28/04 03:03 AM Re: A seasonal BOB problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

My assumption is that he is the father of two sons that have attained the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.

#23641 - 01/29/04 09:09 PM Re: A seasonal BOB problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.equipped.org/tarp-shelters.htm

Check out the above link to a page on the main site. It offers many variations on how to use a tarp to build a shelter from a very simple lean-to to more advanced folding, guy line, pole, and stake intensive shelter.

There are replacement stuff sacks that you can put your tent in before lashing to your pack that are water repellant and help to protect it from general abuse.

Years ago when I used to backpack, we would split up the load between the members of the party. Usually two people would use a tent but only one would carry the tent. The other person would carry something of similar weight like the axe, stove, more food, etc. A tent and sleeping bag are typically the two heaviest parts of a backpack rig. Backpacking tents are typically very small and low to the ground. Usually only enough space for two people to lie down next to each other and little more.

Many nights I setup the rain fly only and not the tent. In the event of rain, it would keep me dry unless a very strong horizontal wind at ground level. During cold weather, the tent provides very limited but some body heating trapping effect. It also provides additional wind and water resistance.

#23642 - 01/30/04 01:33 PM Re: A seasonal BOB problem
boatman Offline
Addict

Loc: Michigan
RESQMAN
Don't forget about tents being a haven from skeeters and other pests.In some areas and times of year it would be impossible to sleep at night.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.