The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#233487 - 10/10/11 04:50 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Yes, that's really too bad. Please share my condolences.

The dog may have escaped and was headed back home. Poor little guy!

Sue

#233492 - 10/10/11 05:21 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
There is more to the story. The dog was found right near the entrance to their training field. The dog was posed unnaturally.

There is more to this story, either revenge or just crazy. Not sure. The dog did not get to its final resting place on its own.

http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-missing-dog-found-dead-in-ditch-20111010,0,3273351.story

Edited by GarlyDog (10/10/11 05:25 PM)

#233496 - 10/10/11 05:57 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

I feel so sad for Al and Marcia, the owners. I know them both. We have trained dogs together, including Hex.

Al is visible guy in the Schutzhund world. He judges lots of trials where people spend years training for passing scores. I am among that crowd.

Success in Schutzhund is extremely satisfying. That is why I love it. Failure can be extremely emotional too.

I am concerned that our problem person is from our small community of Schutzhund enthusiasts.

If this is the case I am most interested in flushing him/her/them out. The public awareness in our community would be enough. Justice would be doled out over a lifetime of ostracization.

If it is some crazy anti-Schutzhund animal activist group, then thinking and strategy has to change too.

Edited by GarlyDog (10/10/11 06:28 PM)
Edit Reason: Gooder grammar

#233500 - 10/10/11 07:12 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
celler Offline
Addict

Loc: Jupiter, FL
That is one really sick, demented, piece of [poster knows better, avoids moderator intervention]. My years of law enforcement experience tells me that those that will torment and kill friendly and trusting animals only devolve to commit much worse crimes against humans. Please watch yourself.

#233507 - 10/10/11 11:58 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Quote:
I am concerned that our problem person is from our small community of Schutzhund enthusiasts.

That was actually my first thought when you posted that he had been stolen, and again when you said he was found dead.

Some people are really twisted about competition. If a woman will hire a hitman to kill someone so her teen daughter would win a cheerleading competition, I guess anything is possible.

But why do they always put the pets and the children in the middle?

Sue

#233513 - 10/11/11 01:06 AM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: Susan]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Susan
[quote]
But why do they always put the pets and the children in the middle?

Sue

Standard coward M.O.

re: twisted about competition. My brother, arrested an idiot for poisoning(not to death, just ill) a competitor's dog at a local county dog show. Several witnesses came forward, making it an easy investigation and the guy admitted doing it too.

#233535 - 10/11/11 08:28 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
Susan Offline
Geezer

I signed up for the K9AmberAlert bulletin after my friend's dog disappeared several months ago (ran off to her old home, still looking for her).

Anyway, I ran my eye over today's bulletin and saw that Hex was on it. You've got to love the sentiment!

"PLS CROSS-POST -- Let's spread the word and find out who brutally killed this dog!

"Although this happened in Illinois, it is being requested that it be posted far and wide to any type of dog group - networking can make things happen!!!!!!! So anyone involved in rescues or any type of group, please forward!!!!!

"This is the champion GSD Hex Aites Bohemia,who was brutally murdered! I am willing to toss some money into the hat to help find the perps, who need to be whipped, flayed, diced, sliced, and tossed to the fishes.

"Dianne C, see "The Sociopath Next Door".

#233538 - 10/11/11 09:00 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: Susan]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
The "The Sociopath Next Door" is available for Kindle. Seems to me being able to recognize a Sociopath is a good survival skill. You know when a person gives you a bad vibe but (you can't quite understand why) everyone else likes him?

#233539 - 10/11/11 10:53 PM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: Russ]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Russ
The "The Sociopath Next Door" is available for Kindle. Seems to me being able to recognize a Sociopath is a good survival skill. You know when a person gives you a bad vibe but (you can't quite understand why) everyone else likes him?

Not that I want to introduce levity into a serious thread, but usually in this sort of situation I'd start wondering what's wrong with me.

#233551 - 10/12/11 03:32 AM Re: My buddy's dog got stolen [Re: GarlyDog]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

Results of the necropsy apparently show fowl play.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.