Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#231110 - 08/30/11 11:38 PM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Mack]
falcon5000 Offline
Addict

This is the policy bellow but the bottom line is they want the guest to feel safe and secure and for everybody to come back and spend money. They will be polite if they see it so the main thing is keep it out of sight and you will be alright. Have a killer time and just plan accordingly.

Description
Certain items are not permitted into the Theme Parks and Downtown Disney. This includes, but is not limited to:

Wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, and shoes with built-in wheels
Any trailer like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair, or stroller
Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind him, including a stroller, is not permitted into the Park.
Suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" length x 15" width x 18" height (which mirrors the large locker sizes)
Note: Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at First Aid.
Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (which mirrors the rental stroller sizes)
Weapons of any kind
Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
Folding chairs, except certain portable seats that can be used as mobility aids
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted.
At Disney's Animal Kingdom (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws, and lids are not permitted

#231115 - 08/31/11 12:51 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Mack]
Matt26 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vermont
My family and I were in Disney World last November. The first day the guard noticed my leatherman wave on my belt and only asked (and I emphasize asked) if I would consider putting it into my bag. I told him no problem. The rest of the week we were there it was in my bag and seen every single day. Not a word was said about it.

#231118 - 08/31/11 01:06 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Mack]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Can I ask why you would want to take a knife in to the 'happiest place on earth'? I suspect that the man rat chimera might be considered to be quite frightening but I've been told by a buddy (who has actually been there) that he is actually quite a friendly little chap. He even went on to say that he wasn't as scary as the cheese salesman (on a tricycle!!) at the nearby Walmart in Orlando.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/31/11 01:20 AM)

#231122 - 08/31/11 02:11 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
Opening packaging & slicing lunch are the first two that come to mind. I'm sure those of us with kids can come up with more.

#231130 - 08/31/11 04:56 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor
Can I ask why you would want to take a knife in to the 'happiest place on earth'?

Come to think about, I would definitely want to carry because I'm suspicious of anyplace that is open to the general public near Los Angeles while calling itself "The Happiest Place on Earth". crazy

Seriously, I'd want to carry a knife for the same reason I carry a knife outside of Disneyland. I don't undergo self-reflection throughout the day to assess my reasoning for carrying a knife. There are items I always carry as a habit, and I really need the items occasionally. A pocket knife is one of these items. There is nothing particularly unique about Disneyland to make me not want to carry. The better question is, why should I not want to carry my unobtrusive pocket knife that's with me as a habit?

#231212 - 09/01/11 03:50 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Can I ask why you would want to take a knife in to the 'happiest place on earth'?

Can I ask why you consider a knife a weapon rather than a tool, and therefore not worthy of carrying in a "happy place"?

I've carried a knife since I was a child. Even in school when I was a kid (back then it was perfecty OK to do this, before the sissy ninnies took over). I can't think of a day in my life when I haven't pulled out my knife to do something. Cut a string, trim a coupon out of the newspaper, cut open a stubbornly packaged bag of peanuts, whatever. I've never stabbed anybody nor even thought about doing so.

I don't understand the fear some people have of one of the oldest, most useful, and most mundane of tools ever invented.

#231215 - 09/01/11 04:16 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Can I ask why you would want to take a knife in to the 'happiest place on earth'? I suspect that the man rat chimera might be considered to be quite frightening but I've been told by a buddy (who has actually been there) that he is actually quite a friendly little chap. He even went on to say that he wasn't as scary as the cheese salesman (on a tricycle!!) at the nearby Walmart in Orlando.

Guys who responded seriously: you know Liath is just kidding, right?

Anyway, the happiest place on earth is obviously where I get occasions to show off my survival savvy and equipment:

Little boy: "Oh, no! I can't open my Mickey Mouse packaging! I shall never play with Mickey and hold him in my hand! Waaaa!"

Me: "Never fear, ETS Man is here!" *I whip out my Benchmade and do what comes naturally. While I'm at it, I notice a man in a Porsche having a bit of problem breathing with that tight seat belt, so I open up my Seat Belt Cutter of Death and, again, do what comes naturally*

Little boy's sexy single mom: "Oh, you are my hero, ETS Man! How can I ever repay you? I'll do anything!"

Porsche man: "Thanks for saving my life, ETS Man. Here, you can have this Porsche. It's been killing me anyway. And I'll babysit the kid with the Mickey Mouse tonight!"

Me: "Good thing I didn't have to smash your window to get to you, because you have a convertible. But I'm prepared to do that, too, with the other end of my rescue tool!"

Later, ETS Man demonstrates for the sexy single mom the non-survival uses of his inflatable latex water container. It's good to be equipped. In more sense than one.

Should we sell this movie script to Goldwyn?

Da Bing

Edited by Bingley (09/01/11 04:16 AM)

#231382 - 09/04/11 04:15 PM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Mack]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
Last I went (about 4 years ago), they did a quick check of your backpack, they never questioned my leatherman that was in it, and just moved it aside to check further. Disclaimer here - at the time I worked for a company owned by Disney, and was entering on my employee vacation pass (NOT my work ID, but it's fairly obvious you are a 'fellow cast member' with his family) - never said a word to me, and even gave me a couple of quick tips for the day
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#231385 - 09/04/11 06:22 PM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Bingley]
Matt26 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vermont
Strangely enough thats how it all plays out in my head too! grin

#231413 - 09/05/11 02:35 AM Re: Knives in Disney World? [Re: Mack]
Mark_M Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
What is the point of reading fingerprints when visiting an amusement park, or for that matter, any ID whatsoever? It's been several years since I went, but the only time ID was an issue was for a Disney cruise, where passports were required due to a stop in the Bahamas.

As long as you've got cash or valid plastic, I see no valid reason for an amusement park to demand any kind of ID.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.