Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#231283 - 09/02/11 12:59 AM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
fooman Offline
Journeyman

This guy in Japan makes all sorts of stove adapters
http://tumekaekun.com/

#231297 - 09/02/11 04:30 AM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
Also http://alva.ne.jp offers much of the same. The alva.ne.jp site isn't as nice, but the prices are a little lower. Both sites are extremely expensive though, and neither site offers anything for the Hank Roberts/EFI/Gerry type stoves that I can see. Lots of fantastic other stuff though (drool!).

HJ

#231313 - 09/02/11 03:47 PM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA

you might be able to order an adapator thru this service
http://www.whiterabbitpress.com/..White Rabbit looks like it deals in more popular fun stuff from Japan but the might be able to find what you need stove wise.i have never used them.

#231320 - 09/02/11 08:21 PM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

http://www.whiterabbitpress.com might be a good option, but don't see anything that looks like it would work with a Hank Roberts stove. Did you see anything?

Lotsa cool adapters. I could go really crazy with that stuff!

HJ

#231322 - 09/02/11 09:26 PM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
Jim..this is what i was thinking about.
first off this coffee pot with the built-in Gaz tank is something i got some years ago without a can of fuel to go with it,it was cheap on Ebay,i did not want to use it with a hose and adapator but as it was intended.coffee is a survival item is it not? so anyway i ran across Gaz cans at a outfitters up in Ely Mn that went with the Scorpion stoves they had.i bought every can! i also got a twelve pack from a on-line outdoor shop.

now if i can find a adapator from the Hank Roberts to the Lindal fitting on the Scorpion can i can use the HR as it was made to be used.on the left is a real can of HR fuel with the rubber ball fitting and the adapators and hose from Chicken thief,i miss him too..

Edited by CANOEDOGS (09/02/11 09:27 PM)

#231325 - 09/02/11 10:31 PM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
Jim..this is what i was thinking about.
first off this coffee pot with the built-in Gaz tank is something i got some years ago without a can of fuel to go with it,it was cheap on Ebay,i did not want to use it with a hose and adapator but as it was intended.coffee is a survival item is it not? so anyway i ran across Gaz cans at a outfitters up in Ely Mn that went with the Scorpion stoves they had.i bought every can! i also got a twelve pack from a on-line outdoor shop.

now if i can find a adapator from the Hank Roberts to the Lindal fitting on the Scorpion can i can use the HR as it was made to be used.on the left is a real can of HR fuel with the rubber ball fitting and the adapators and hose from Chicken thief,i miss him too..

OK, I get it. You'd have a Scorpion butane can lying on it's side as shown in your second photo. Then you'd have an adapter that fits between the stove and the can. The left side of the adapter would screw directly into the stove, and the right side would screw on to the Scorpion can. Pretty cool.

The Hank Roberts type stoves were made for liquid feed (the canisters had a wick inside), but the stove should work with a side laying Scorpion can. An old cylindrical MSR can should work too, although check the contents. If the fuel is 100% isobutane, then you'd have to be very careful.

I recently saw some of those Scorpion brand cans in a little surplus store near here. I also saw a bunch of the Hank Roberts type canisters. I bought out the Hank Roberts type canisters (some were Optimus brand), but the Scorpion brand ones are presumably still there.

Personally, I don't mind using the hose and adapter I got from Henrik ("Chickenthief"). With the hose and adapter, I can use a full windscreen, and I can also invert the canister which gives me cold weather (down to about 0F/-18C) capability. But your solution is definitely slick and much closer to the original design of the stove.

HJ

#262218 - 07/31/13 05:23 PM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
ddfitts Offline
Stranger

So Hikin Jim,
I've loved my HR stove since the 70s, and as I had quite a stash of cannisters I've been able to use it for all these years, but alas, I'm on my last one! I've been reading all kinds of threads about retrofitting my dearly loved stove, and now I see in your photo the key to my quest! Where would I get the double threaded adapter shown in your photo? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

#262406 - 08/08/13 06:10 PM Re: Stove of the Week: Hank Roberts Mini Stove [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Outdoor_Quest Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Central Oregon
I had one. Great stove.

Blake

www.outdoorquest.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.