Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#230054 - 08/19/11 05:00 AM NASA: aliens might destroy us
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Maybe I'm missing something, but this is a sort of scientific research:

NASA: Aliens might destroy us

I think we can all work for NASA, coming up with various end-of-the-world scenarios involving aliens.

If I had to vote for one of the scenarios outlined in the article, I think we'd be bureaucratized to death. The aliens, with colonies all over the galaxy, have the worst redtape ever. This is the possibility least likely to be turned into a movie, and hence most likely to be reality.

Da Bing

Edited by Bingley (08/19/11 06:55 AM)

#230064 - 08/19/11 01:44 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: Bingley]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bingley
If I had to vote for one of the scenarios outlined in the article, I think we'd be bureaucratized to death. The aliens, with colonies all over the galaxy, have the worst redtape ever. This is the possibility least likely to be turned into a movie, and hence most likely to be reality.

Either they're already here, trying to do that to us, or else when they come we will conquer them with our superior red tape technology.

#230068 - 08/19/11 02:34 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: chaosmagnet]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

"Alien Invasion Thwarted: Mother Ship Unable to Acquire Permit for Parking During Business Hours"

#230072 - 08/19/11 03:39 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: Bingley]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
For anyone not aware of the situation, this is not an official NASA report. It's something that an intern at NASA did on his free time with a couple buddies. Unfortunately, he put down his NASA affiliation on it and now everyone thinks NASA is wasting their taxpayer dollars on this. You can read the guy's own words about this paper here.

#230074 - 08/19/11 03:58 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: NightHiker]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Those folks at NASA are pretty bright but I'm still not gonna move aliens above zombies on my threat list.

Its the down right sexy female alien space vampires you've got to worry about. Thank goodness its the British SAS that save the day. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAksMkKJNI&feature=related

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/19/11 04:05 PM)

#230075 - 08/19/11 04:23 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: Arney]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Arney
For anyone not aware of the situation, this is not an official NASA report. It's something that an intern at NASA did on his free time with a couple buddies. Unfortunately, he put down his NASA affiliation on it and now everyone thinks NASA is wasting their taxpayer dollars on this. You can read the guy's own words about this paper here.

According to the link, he is a postdoc (he has a doctorate degree, probably in some sort of science or engineering, and most post-doctoral positions are paid positions that last a year to three years, with little or to no chance of renewal). But it sounds like he did this on his spare time, as a fun project with his buddies. We should definitely encourage such hobbies. They're more productive than spectator sports for sure.

Da Bing

#230083 - 08/19/11 06:34 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: Bingley]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
If I were an alien I surely would try to wipe out the human race. We are rude, crude and socially unacceptable, and we dress funny.

But how? We are amazingly resilient to plagues, famines, fires, floods, earthquakes and invasions. Just release the British hooligans - never mind the SAS - and we'd kick some alien boo-tay right smartly.

Ok, wipe out MTV, all reality TV shows and kidnap and hold for ransom one of the Kardashian sisters (which is the one with the large boo-tay?) Maybe that would work for Gen whichever letter they are using now.

As for me, I have a .357 and a shovel, send em.

#230092 - 08/19/11 08:08 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: NightHiker]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Expert economist and Nobel prize winner Paul Krugman of course sees the space alien threat as a way to re-invigorate the US economy (er I mean the military industrial complex)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppa...-massive-defens

So I wouldn't be too surprised if one day we all wake up to find out the Federal Reserve building was destroyed by a Space Alien terrorist organisation while the surrounding protesters singing 'Huffity, Puffity, Ringstone Round' became vapors. And everyone thought ET was a friendly little fellow. wink

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/19/11 08:10 PM)

#230093 - 08/19/11 08:14 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: JBMat]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JBMat
Ok, wipe out MTV, all reality TV shows and kidnap and hold for ransom one of the Kardashian sisters (which is the one with the large boo-tay?) Maybe that would work for Gen whichever letter they are using now.

Dude, the Kardashians, along with Snooki, "The Situation," etc. are our answer to alien invasion. We just have to export this culture and soon their civilization will fall apart. They have no defenses against earthling sleaze. A Vulcan will bleed from both pointy ears and fall in violent seizure as he attempts to reconcile anything uttered by these people to the rules of logic. As for Klingons? No good death or honor is to be found on Jersey shore.

Da Bing

#230097 - 08/19/11 10:38 PM Re: NASA: aliens might destroy us [Re: Bingley]
LED Offline
Veteran

I agree, reality TV stars and late night infomercials are our best defense.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 444 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.