Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#229952 - 08/17/11 12:36 PM Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Ok this may sound a little weird but has there been a nuclear power plant meltdown somewhere in North America but no one is letting on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=BDSpCxjZ2D8

Quote:
Hi all!
This is part 3 of my measurements of the radioactivity falling on the north of GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Canada on August 14th 2011 at 17h55.
Aprox. 1 square meter of smooth surface wiped (glass, solar panels).
Measured with a Eberline HP-260 Pancake Probe and with a Eberline E-140 counter. (Sorry for the crappy video quality, I was using my cell phone camera, I guess it's alright for a first upload...)
I measured 20 000 cpm per square meter of wipe today!!! This is the all time record since I have been taking measurements since March 14th 2011 . Previous record was 10 000cpm (counts per minute).
One panel I always keep clean, but the other panels collected quite a bit of dirt which seems to increase the radioactivity collection ability. The panels were not radioactive before it rained.

The decay rate is typically 33min - 45minutes. This matches Radon decay daughter products being selectively washed out of the atmosphere, (hence the variable decay rate.)

Where is it from? Is it normal? Is it from Fukushima? Is the NWO spiking the clouds with radioactive isotopes for weather modification? Dunno. I all know, is we get cooked virtually every time it rains or snows. The levels are increasing. In the beginning the levels were roughly doubling every 2 weeks. Since the start of the summer the levels stabilized to 3500-5000 cpm per sq. meter every time it rained. But today, yikes! 20 000cpm!

Luckily the decay rate is short and I never detect any residual radiation in the wipes after a day or so. That's what is saving us from being cooked well done.

I've noticed that the worse the storm, the more extreme the weather, the higher the counts, leading me to think that this is done on purpose:

From the reasearch I did, Radon is a heavy gas that is 8 times as heavy as air, so it hugs the ground, aprox. 100 meters or less is where it tends to collect. So if this is ground Radon why does the levels increase if it rains all day?
Wouldn't it wash out of the air after 15 minutes or so and then the levels should drop?
(My area is not known for Radon collecting in basements).

I matched the highest counts with days where the storm clouds were the tallest in the troposphere. This is much too high for Radon to collect.
Is it being pumped there on purpose? Would Radon daughters charge up and seed rain and snowflakes? Dunno?

Is it coming from space? Radon has a very short half life of 8 days, I don't think it would be floating around in space and stay radioactive for billions of years waiting for the earth's gravity to pick it up...

Could it be traveling from Fukushima via the jet stream? It doesn't make sense, as the Radon gas is 8 times as heavy as air.
Could it be traveling from Fukushima via ground winds? Maybe?
Could it be Radon coming from the tailings from the Uranium mines and washing out by the rain? At these levels? Yikes we need to shut down all the mines and cover up the tailings quick!

Has anyone any insight on this? I know what I'm measuring it's real, it's no trick and the radioactivity falling in my area is real... The question is where is it from?

Or could this video be fake or could it still be the fallout from Fukishima? I really hope it is a fake video. eek

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/17/11 12:38 PM)

#229955 - 08/17/11 01:27 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
adam2 Offline
Addict

Loc: Somerset UK
I think that it is either a fake, or possibly a mistake or misunderstanding.
Geiger counters are readily available, I would expect any high school science department to have one. Universities that teach science subjects probably have dozens.
A significant minority of ordinary citizens have geiger counters.

Has anyone else reported a large increase in radiation ?
Not so far as I am aware.
TPTB could not keep it a secret, it is too easy to take independant measurements.
A power reactor meltdown would be a large scale disaster that could not be concealed without the closure of large areas of land, hundreds of square miles.
Is anyone aware of any such closures ?

There would be hundreds, perhaps thousands of witnesses to the accident. Could the government really silence every single one ?
Even if they killed every witness, I think people would notice the sudden and unexplained disappearence of so many.

#229956 - 08/17/11 01:48 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: adam2]
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
A power reactor meltdown would be a large scale disaster that could not be concealed without the closure of large areas of land, hundreds of square miles.

This assumes that the authorities would actually close down large areas and activate an exclusion zone and evacuate the population within the radius of the nuclear plant.

From previous examples such as Chernobyl (Swedish Power plant radiation detectors tripped out was when the Soviet authorities admitted an accident had occurred), Fukishima and Windscale etc, it took many weeks and months even to admit there was a serious problem (even after reactors exploded on the TV coverage). 'No problem here, nothing to see, move on' was the guiding principle used by the nuclear industry and on the whole worked quite admirably at duping the ignorant public.

Quote:
There would be hundreds, perhaps thousands of witnesses to the accident. Could the government really silence every single one ?

As with the TMI accident (a partial meltdown) there was not outward signs that the reactor building had been damaged in any way, but there was a large release of radiation gas products, which was basically invisible, tasteless etc, just like Ron Paul... wink

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/17/11 01:58 PM)

#229959 - 08/17/11 02:48 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Radon can be concentrated under stagnant atmospheric air masses.

We actually had a procedure for resetting the trip points for airborne radiation alarms on my ship in the event of such a buildup.

Might need to check to see what the recent air mass behavior has been over that site.

#229960 - 08/17/11 02:50 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
(Sorry for the crappy video quality) should be the 1st sign of a Farse!The guy has more decent than average Geiger equipment but uses a Cellphone for video?Looks like a Bigfoot scam produced from a bored,Chickenlittle!Have we fallen by the wayside in Tayside?,lol! Am Ferly Mor has been doing Alot of tubing lately,I'm wondering,has he gained an ilk for peatn'fodder?

#229961 - 08/17/11 03:27 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
for you living in the Toronto area, is there a phosphate mining industry?... radon 222 and polonium 210 are naturally occuring decay daughters (alpha emitters of short half life) of uranium 238 decay series, and are found in higher concentrations when colocated with phosphate deposits

Edited by LesSnyder (08/17/11 03:28 PM)

#229963 - 08/17/11 04:15 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: LesSnyder]
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
for you living in the Toronto area, is there a phosphate mining industry?... radon 222 and polonium 210 are naturally occuring decay daughters (alpha emitters of short half life) of uranium 238 decay series, and are found in higher concentrations when colocated with phosphate deposits

The more I think about the this case, the more strange it gets, assuming the decay life being mentioned was between 30-45 minutes. The radiation levels are very high and the radiation emitted is mostly alpha radiation. As the half life is very short then the production of the element (assumed to be Radon, being an intermediate element in the decay chain of U235, U238 and heavier elements) must essentially be being produced nearby near the north of Toronto.

Assuming that it is Radon or another radioactive gas, which is naturally occurring, that is being washed out at low atmospheric altitudes then it might be a precursor to a very large earthquake (if there is little Uranium or Phosphate mining in the area), but again this has been measured on a continual basis since the Fukishima event by the video producer but at much lower levels and occurs during heavy downpours.

I can see why the video maker may have come to the conclusion that the radiation is due to atmospheric seeding from a nearby man made source. Perhaps venting the buildup of underground Radon from an industrial source within a radius of 10-20 miles. If so it still represents a major health hazard to the local area.

Of course it could still be a fake, but because of the video producers explanation of what is being observed I don't think that it is. It certainly needs investigation by the relevant regulating nuclear authorities.

#229973 - 08/17/11 06:42 PM Re: Has there been a Nuclear Meltdown in North America [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
2 nuke plants in Nebraska were flooded by the Missouri River during the last few months. Water definitely got into one spent rod pool and it has been rumoured that radioactive material flowed out from the pool.

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 600 Guests and 87 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.