Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#228129 - 07/21/11 12:37 AM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: bacpacjac]
Aussie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
My DW always takes a sports bra when we go 4WDriving.

#228130 - 07/21/11 12:38 AM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: ]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Once again my lineage of being the son of an OBGYN and knowing FAR TOO MUCH about women comes into play...

Azo Test Strips.
Azo Cranberry Pills.

Now I need to go kill a small animal with my bare hands to regain my manliness.....

LOL! LOL!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#228132 - 07/21/11 01:24 AM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: bacpacjac]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
There is a device made of Silicone,that Women can use to write their name in the Snow,It's called a SheWee,An ex-GF used one to great effect,she even managed to wee on the tree,next to me,lol!It doesn't work with every woman due to Anatomical positioning,etc.(her friend had a tough go of it),They were about $10,3yrs ago,I don't have any links but I'll bet if you googled shewee,you would get to what I'm talking about,they even had glow-in-the-dark/Neon colors!

#228138 - 07/21/11 06:13 AM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Don't forget an extra bra too. They're like your boots though - a good fit is important and not all bras are built the same.

I respectfully disagree. Having a bra that fits is more important than the footwear.

Jeanette Isabelle

I'd slightly disagree. Pick up any Nat'l Geographic and you'll find a lot of women w/o bras. Granted, most ladies I know don't plan on walking around au natural, but point remains, a bra isn't strictly mandatory. I've had more than one female patient ask me about bra-related issues (and I have no idea why - literally next door my boss is an OB/GYN) - which isn't quite the same as having them for myself, I know smile - so this thread is of some interest to me.

Something else to consider for women - birth control pills. You don't HAVE to have a period every month. If you're already on some form of pill, why not stash a pack or 2 in your BOB. Skip the last week's sugar pills and start the next pack. You can do several months like this before really needing to take a break.

Edited by MDinana (07/21/11 06:15 AM)

#228149 - 07/21/11 04:33 PM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: bacpacjac]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
If planning your disaster ahead of time is possible, there are also pills that will stop your period from happening. I don't remember what they're called, but your OB/GYN would know.

Sue

#228174 - 07/21/11 11:19 PM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: bacpacjac]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

MDinana, you're right. There's a different bra for every body and every different situation, and sometimes that includes no bra. That said, I always pack an extra one in my kits, usually a good sports bra.

WOW! DH is right - we are complicated! LOL!

#228175 - 07/21/11 11:23 PM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: Richlacal]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Richlacal
There is a device made of Silicone,that Women can use to write their name in the Snow,It's called a SheWee

I first head of those a few years ago, Richlacal, and every year when we winter camp, and every time a get a not so comfortably placed mosquito bite, I wish I had one. You guys can use a well sealed, well labeled bottle in the tent right? That could have it's advantages.

#228177 - 07/21/11 11:26 PM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: bacpacjac]
Jolt Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maine
Re: menstrual products, some good thoughts already but what about a reusable product like the Keeper or even reusable pads? Of course, depending on the situation there could be sanitary concerns...

#228179 - 07/21/11 11:27 PM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: MDinana]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: MDinana

Something else to consider for women - birth control pills. You don't HAVE to have a period every month. If you're already on some form of pill, why not stash a pack or 2 in your BOB. Skip the last week's sugar pills and start the next pack. You can do several months like this before really needing to take a break.

Something to keep in mind if you're planning to use birth control pills, especially if you'd only use them for an emergency, is that all pills are different and some women don't tolerate them well. The ones I've tried give me terrible headaches, for instance.

#228184 - 07/21/11 11:42 PM Re: Special Prep Considerations for Women [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
I first head of those a few years ago, Richlacal, and every year when we winter camp, and every time a get a not so comfortably placed mosquito bite, I wish I had one. You guys can use a well sealed, well labeled bottle in the tent right? That could have it's advantages.

I cannot speak for others; being able to whip it out or not is not an issue for me.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.