Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#228101 - 07/20/11 02:49 PM Re: mini pencil source [Re: Aussie]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: Aussie
Hi Sotto, Looks like your tactical pencils have a flat grind, have you given any thought to a convex version or the ever popular Scandi ?

LOL!!!
-Blast, who now has to clean coffee off his screen.
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#228134 - 07/21/11 01:52 AM Re: mini pencil source [Re: Aussie]
sotto Offline
Addict

Hi Sotto, Looks like your tactical pencils have a flat grind, have you given any thought to a convex version or the ever popular Scandi ?

Aussie: Of course, this fits right in with my company motto, "Anything for a buck." I'm happy to take pre-paid orders for convex, Scandi, or any other grinds for my tactical survival pencils with the understanding that it will cause a substantial but uncertain prolongation of the waiting period. The advance payment is needed to upgrade my tooling, but I assure everyone that the wait will be worth it. I'm also gearing up to produce hand-sewn toilet-roll holsters for the pencils available in any color as long as it's brown.

Also, I'm a little busy right now so I may not get back to PMs right away. Go ahead and send money though.

#228189 - 07/22/11 12:08 AM Re: mini pencil source [Re: sotto]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Originally Posted By: sotto

Aussie: Of course, this fits right in with my company motto, "Anything for a buck." I'm happy to take pre-paid orders for convex, Scandi, or any other grinds for my tactical survival pencils with the understanding that it will cause a substantial but uncertain prolongation of the waiting period. The advance payment is needed to upgrade my tooling, but I assure everyone that the wait will be worth it. I'm also gearing up to produce hand-sewn toilet-roll holsters for the pencils available in any color as long as it's brown.

Also, I'm a little busy right now so I may not get back to PMs right away. Go ahead and send money though.

I sounds like you're ready to take on a government contract

#228191 - 07/22/11 12:29 AM Re: mini pencil source [Re: survivalperson]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
LOL!!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#228204 - 07/22/11 03:03 AM Re: mini pencil source [Re: sotto]
Mark_M Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: sotto
I sell these for $12 a piece, plus $5 shipping and handling. There's a small wait time, 3 weeks right now due to the survival holidays.

Sotto, I PM'd you my cc info and order for a dozen survival pencils, tactical grind. Please verify my order and shipping date when you have a minute. Also, do I get a discount on shipping for a quantity order?

While I wait for Sotto's industry-shattering products, I will have to make do with my CountyComm Pico Pen. I keep one on my keychain at all times, and it's been quite useful over the years. It is small enough to fit in a candy tin, with or without the magnetic cap. The magnetic cap might actually be a benefit, as it would make the pen "stick" inside the tin, less likely to get lost.

Linky: http://countycomm.com/picopen.html

Unfortunately, you can't use the Pico Pen for kindling.

Edited by Mark_M (07/22/11 03:05 AM)

#241916 - 02/27/12 01:50 AM Re: mini pencil source [Re: survivalperson]
urbansurvivalist Offline

Loc: Asheville, NC
After a lot of searching, I find 2 tiny and inexpensive pens, that are more suited to a wallet or elsewhere where you want something very thin. For a keychain, the pico pen and Inka both seem great, But I was looking for something for my wallet. The first link below is a bit smaller, and is about $10 shipped on ebay. Hopefully someone will find these links useful:

http://www.jetpens.com/Ohto-Petit-B-Needle-Point-Ballpoint-Pen-0.5-mm-Orange-Body/pd/5324

http://www.thewritingpenstore.com/p-149-derringer-wallet-pen.aspx

#241926 - 02/27/12 01:46 PM Re: mini pencil source [Re: urbansurvivalist]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I EDC the version of the SAK Classic that incorporates a small, but very functional ball point pen. It has come in handy several times.

#241934 - 02/27/12 03:32 PM Re: mini pencil source [Re: hikermor]
Meadowlark Offline

Loc: Northern Colorado
Interesting thread!

Another source of small pencils: a local artist.

Good quality sketching pencils have wide, soft leads and because of their high price they are used almost all the way up, using a pencil extension holder. (Sort of like an old-fashioned cigarette holder) You can ask for the stubbie leftover bit and it will still have a considerable amount of lead in it. Not enough to write a novel, but enough for basic directions, etc.

As seen in the pocket kit I posted earlier:

http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=241840

If you don't know someone who still works in traditional mediums (so many are going digital these days) you can purchase one of these pencils yourself*, and, after whittling it down (or doodling for about 60+ hours) you'll have an amazing tool that will be MUCH more reliable than any golf pencil or ballpoint pen. Seriously.

*Derwent's 4B sketching pencil especially recommended.
http://www.dickblick.com/items/22040-1050/?wmcp=google&wmcid=items&wmckw=22040-1050

#241976 - 02/28/12 01:03 AM Re: mini pencil source [Re: survivalperson]
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Loc: At the soylent green plant.
I can find some in white if you need some ( plenty at work ).

Lee
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/soylent_green/sounds/soylent_green_people.wav
RIP OBG

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 395 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.