Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#225415 - 06/07/11 05:28 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: bacpacjac]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Everyday on-person carry:
Spyderco Salt1 pocket knife
Keys
Micro-carabiner with Leatherman Squirt S4, P-38 can opener, Micro ferrocium rod, Photon Freedom microlight
Assorted memory cards and sticks
Electronic security key
Comb
Pencil, space pen
Smart phone
Bluetooth headset
Fenix P3D flashlight
Reading glasses /w cleaning cloth
Scott-e-Vest (sometimes I thread headphones into the vest)
Not shown: wallet; ID on neck lanyard; watch; belt /w hidden money pocket
[img]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2049748692253.124307.1500542538&l=0757d6b584[/img]

This stuff doesn't really count because it's not on my person but it is always nearby. There are all kinds of reasons why I could be separated from my pack, especially in an urban environment.
Leather gloves
Survival kit (modified AMK psk)
First aid kit (meds included benadryl,lotradine,loperamide hydrochloride, ASA, Tums)
Sunscreen, bug repllant (sample sizes)
WMA Wilderness Medicine field guide
Storm butane lighter
20' duct tape wrapped on plastic card
Fox-40 whistle
Suunto Compass
GPS (Garmin 62s) /w attachment clips
Geocaching related stuff
Camera /w extra AA batteries
Phone charger
BlackBerry (work)
Leatherman wave /w bit kit
Rain jacket
Notebook /w pencil
Cheque book
Calculator
Assorted pens/pencils/markers/erasers
More spare AA batteries
Princeton Tec Apex II headlamp
Platypus hydration bladder & tube (not carried today)
Temagani fixed blade knife (not usually carried but today I did)
8X25 binoculars (not usually carried but today I did)
Tilley hat /w another comb in hidden pocket
Note: due to it being Tick season, I sprayed my pack, hat and outdoor clothes with permethrin.

Note: I carry 3 sources of light and at least 3 blades types because I like backups and versatility.

#225416 - 06/07/11 05:32 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: Alex]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

I have an alternate method for hiding spare cash. I believe it runs in the neighbourhood of $200 Cdn, ($205 in equivalent US) in various denominations.

#225417 - 06/07/11 05:35 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: comms]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

There is a concealed key box that can be inserted into a 2" hitch receiver. I don't have the link to the manufacturer's website but I understand it was quite expensive ($80ish). It would be good for your particular situation.

#225421 - 06/07/11 07:19 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: comms]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Glad everything turned out ok, Comms! Just goes to show you that anything can happen at any time.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#225430 - 06/07/11 09:17 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: bacpacjac]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Glad everything turned out ok, Comms! Just goes to show you that anything can happen at any time.

lol. thanks. it was sort of a Greek comedy. I forgot my SPOT2, which would have been in my pack in the SUV anyway. We both forgot our RoadID which had our spouses phone numbers, so we each took a turn walking to/fro the marina rather than one of us making both calls. We both saw the two guys (we believe stole the pack) just standing on a fishing pier w/o any gear. My spider sense was tingling but didn't say anything. In hindsight so was my buddys as we talked later. We only had one shirt, (mine, as his was stolen) so we had to switch off wearing it to the marina to look more presentable when asking for phone help, no public phones.

I think I have put like 5 comments on this thread. This might be my favorite thread on here right now. I hope more people list their On-Body Personal Survival Gear.

#225434 - 06/07/11 11:11 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: comms]
Alex Offline
Old Hand

Loc: -
There are many threads of the similar kind scattered through the forum. OK, I'll just cross reference my recent stuff here (click images for a better quality zoom in).

My survival necklace

My belt kit

Keychain

Besides the keys you can spot:

• Flashlight with neodymium magnet glued on the back.
  • Pills fob with emergency money.
  • USB T_Flash Reader with 8Gb card.
  • Steel Pen in magnetic holder.
  • Glow in the dark stick.
  • Length of paracord, with strong rings on the ends and braided long enough to work as a weapon (swing, block hands, strangle). Or to transform it to a necklace.

Car keys with remote are detachable.

"Wallet" or cards holder including emergency plastic car key.

Phone data/Charging cable is always in my pocket.

And finally my unique bone knife and PDA stylus. Always sharp and always on me:

#225452 - 06/08/11 03:13 AM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: Alex]
Aussie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Alex
And finally my unique bone knife and PDA stylus. Always sharp and always on me:

Love it !
Also excellent for non-verbal gentures and de-clogging noses !

#225455 - 06/08/11 04:28 AM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: bacpacjac]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Nice pics...

The only unusual thing my pic would have is a signal mirror, which I often use as a regular mirror. I see most folks don't carry around a mirror directly on their person. I'll post if I get motivated.

#225468 - 06/08/11 01:10 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: ireckon]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: ireckon
Nice pics...

The only unusual thing my pic would have is a signal mirror, which I often use as a regular mirror. I see most folks don't carry around a mirror directly on their person. I'll post if I get motivated.

I almost forgot to include one in my son's kit Ireckon. Thanks for the reminder!

#225480 - 06/08/11 02:33 PM Re: On-Body Personal Survival Gear Show and Tell [Re: Alex]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Alex
There are many threads of the similar kind scattered through the forum. OK, I'll just cross reference my recent stuff here (click images for a better quality zoom in).

You're right Alex. We're addicted to EDC, PSK and FAK threads around here! This one has a specific focus to it though: What's on your body when you're in the wilderness? Many of us EDC different stuff in urban and wilderness environments, and even though we mostly carry packs overflowing with gear when we're in the wilds, what's actually on our body could mean the difference between life and death, or at least a comfortable wait for rescue. (As proven by Comms' story!)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.