Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#221864 - 04/19/11 01:46 AM PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show...
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
...staring BLAST!!! laugh laugh laugh

Well, there will also be a few other people like Cody Lundin(!), the US Coast Guard, and Red Cross emergency response personnel, but how can they hold a candle to me? whistle

Unfortunately, this isn't a televised event but rather a one-day event here in Houston.

Popular Mechanics Presents The Ram Home Safety Prep Show

Where: Reliant Center, One Reliant Park, Houston, Texas

When: Saturday, June 4, 2011. 9:30a.m. to 5:30p.m.

What: Hurricanes, House fires, floods? Is your home safe? Are you prepared for the worst?

Meet the experts, disaster pros, and first responders who will show you how to survive any emergency.

Tickets: $15 at the door on day of event. Early Discount Coupons available.

17 and under free with a paying adult.

SPECIAL GUEST PRESENTATION: Cody Lundin, star of Discovery Channel's Hit Show, Dual Survival.

Come learn from the experts about how to keep you, your family, and your home, safe in case of emergency.

It's going to be AWESOME, folks. Sign up early for discount tickets so you can hear great speakers, see neat exhibits, and check out lots of cool products!

-Blast...soon to be renamed "Nova" because I'm going to be a star!!
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#221866 - 04/19/11 02:28 AM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Blast]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hey Nova,Get that doghouse in order,I'm sure your better 1/2 is Not going to like her new handle:Taylor,lol!I sure wish Los Angeles had it together enough to have a show, like this one.Please let us know the outcome,& Have a Blast!

#221872 - 04/19/11 03:16 AM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Richlacal]
dweste Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Central California
Hey, Nova, in my neck of the woods pictures like yours require losing the shades and include a booking number!

Seriously, good luck and have fun!

#221873 - 04/19/11 03:53 AM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
First rule, don't shower with the cat. laugh

Good luck- maybe in a few years, you'll be on TV to. smile

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#221882 - 04/19/11 09:54 AM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Blast]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Have fun Blast! Can ETSers going to get an autographed pic before the demand goes up? We can all say we knew you when!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#221891 - 04/19/11 12:44 PM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Blast]
Glock-A-Roo Offline
Old Hand

Great news there, Super Nova! Please post an after-action report.

#225220 - 06/05/11 01:06 AM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Glock-A-Roo]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

So, the big Pop. Mech. Home Safety and Preparedness Show was today and it was pretty cool. A lot of strong, practical information was passed out to a lot of people. I was hoping for more venders, but as this event grows it should attract my stuff like that. It was very kid-friend with all sorts of activities.

The best kid (and adult!) thing was the "fire house". This was a mobile home filled with fog to represent the smoke of a fire. You entered at one and and crawled along the floor trying to make it through the home and out the other side. It was tougher than it sounded and it really showed you need to have your face right against the floor to get any half-way breathable air.

I'm happy to say my presentation went over very well, with only Cody Lundin's amazingly good talk drawing a bigger crowd. Cody is an amazing...though somewhat "adult" speaker and if you get a chance to hear him in person, go!

Being the only actual Houstonian speaker, most of my day was spent giving interviews to local newspaper and tv stations. They couldn't promise me they'd use anything, but I'm being hopeful.

CodyMe by merriwether, on Flickr
Cody and I.

-Blast
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#225228 - 06/05/11 04:36 AM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Blast]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Cody's giving the thumbs up because you managed to Not,step on his toes!

#225240 - 06/05/11 02:06 PM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: Blast]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Blast I knew you were tall, but I've met Cody and he is at least 6'1".

How tall are you?

#225251 - 06/05/11 05:16 PM Re: PM magazine's Home Safety Disaster Prep Show... [Re: comms]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: comms
Blast I knew you were tall, but I've met Cody and he is at least 6'1".

How tall are you?

6' 5", 210 lbs.
-Blast

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.