The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#223925 - 05/20/11 01:07 AM The End of the World
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Apparently it starts tomorrow? I hope the cable doesn't go out. I'd like to see it coming.

Twinkies and popcorn are on the menu at out house. Any recommendations for apocolypse movies? Whats your favourite? DH has requested "Apocolypse Now" and DS wants "Zombieland".

Edited by bacpacjac (05/20/11 01:17 AM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#223927 - 05/20/11 01:34 AM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
Bugg Offline
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Resident evil, any of them really.. Not sure if they are right for DS or not though, that's your call! Lol
Or there is I am Legend, but that's heavy stuff.

#223944 - 05/20/11 10:04 AM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I think I would just watch "Casablanca" one more time. We'll always have Paris.....

or maybe "Lord of the Rings" trilogy..

#223948 - 05/20/11 12:44 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
Mark_F Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Kentucky
Armageddon? Deep Impact? Night of the Living Dead? 28 Days? Of course you can always add your favorite non-end-of-the-world movie to the list as well. Don't forget a generator and some gas on hand so you can watch the end of the movie if "it" comes sooner than expected.

#223952 - 05/20/11 01:21 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
Panic in the Year Zero. Then we're going bowling.

#223953 - 05/20/11 01:37 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

On the Beach (1959)

or

Things to come (1936)

or

When the wind blows (1986)

#223957 - 05/20/11 03:28 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Great suggestions gang! It's a long weekend with a rainy forecast! I've got about a gazillion hiking sticks to sand for for our Beaver Scouts this weekend and these will be great entertainment as I do. Thanks!;)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#223973 - 05/20/11 06:51 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: bacpacjac]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Those are too depressing. Even Bambi is too depressing.

Speaking of animals, the real reason that I'm sure this whole thing will be a no-show (besides it being predicted a dozen times before with the same outcome) is the planet and the animals. If this is a God thing, I can't see why he would rip up the whole world just to eliminate a lousy almost-7 billion people. That would be waste of the first order, very sloppy, and totally unnecessary.

All He would have to do is eliminate all the people with a beam of light or something. That would leave a nice, clean (well, sort of) planet where the animals could live naturally. Or, He could try to do a better job if he wanted to try again with people.

IMHO, if he wanted to start over, here are my choices for improvement:

1. Greed and meanness are not assets, and few get past them, so don't include crap like that, even if it was a joke or some kind of stupid test.
2. Find a better way for women to have children than a monthly period, or people will suspect you have a mean streak.
3. Make the pits in the mangoes and avocados smaller.
4. Cacao (chocolate) should grow in all climates. Tie the recipes to the bushes so the new people can get started with it right away. Apples are fine, but they're not chocolate.

But if I'm wrong about the human-elimination part of this, be sure to put the pets outside with their food. Probably a good idea to leave the gate open, too.

Sue

Edited by Susan (05/20/11 06:52 PM)
Edit Reason: billion, not million

#223976 - 05/20/11 07:05 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: Susan]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: Susan
Those are too depressing. Even Bambi is too depressing.

Speaking of animals, the real reason that I'm sure this whole thing will be a no-show (besides it being predicted a dozen times before with the same outcome) is the planet and the animals. If this is a God thing, I can't see why he would rip up the whole world just to eliminate a lousy almost-7 billion people. That would be waste of the first order, very sloppy, and totally unnecessary.

All He would have to do is eliminate all the people with a beam of light or something. That would leave a nice, clean (well, sort of) planet where the animals could live naturally. Or, He could try to do a better job if he wanted to try again with people.

IMHO, if he wanted to start over, here are my choices for improvement:

1. Greed and meanness are not assets, and few get past them, so don't include crap like that, even if it was a joke or some kind of stupid test.
2. Find a better way for women to have children than a monthly period, or people will suspect you have a mean streak.
3. Make the pits in the mangoes and avocados smaller.
4. Cacao (chocolate) should grow in all climates. Tie the recipes to the bushes so the new people can get started with it right away. Apples are fine, but they're not chocolate.

But if I'm wrong about the human-elimination part of this, be sure to put the pets outside with their food. Probably a good idea to leave the gate open, too.

Sue

I dunno Sue... this is the guy that thought flooding the world was a good idea. I don't think "collateral damage" is in his vocabulary. Not like he has a Congress or media to explain his actions to.

#223980 - 05/20/11 07:22 PM Re: The End of the World [Re: Susan]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca
hey susan,

they've got some of the animals "dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and small caged mammals." and "[Please note: we can now offer rescue services for horses, camels, llamas and donkeys in NH,VT, ID and MT]" covered here: eternal earthbound pets

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.