Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#222682 - 05/02/11 10:54 AM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Buried at sea, so no one could dig him up.... laugh laugh

The new Photoshop and Illustrator artists at the Whitehouse certainly will be busy again.. wink

#222687 - 05/02/11 12:04 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: dougwalkabout]
Alan_Romania Offline

Addict

Loc: Arizona
This news is on every forum that I frequent. It is important enough of an event that it has become appropriate for just about any forum.

I am extremely thankful for the hard work and sacrifice of the members of our Armed Forces, Intelligence community, our allies and anyone else who have made this happen and have been protecting our freedom since 9.11.01... starting with the Passengers of Flight 93.

Thank You to each and every member of the Armed Forces, our Intelligence agencies and our allies that allowed this to happen. Thank you for giving Usama Bin Laden the opportunity to be judged by the appropriate Judge.

I thought this photo I took yesterday seems appropriate...

FDNY Engine 6 was buried in the rubble under the WTC, hooked up to the Standpipe system... 4 members of Engine 6 were among the 343 FDNY members killed on 9-11-01. Rest in Peace Brothers... today your murders have been partially vindicated. (This was taken at the memorial exhibit in the New York State Museum)

Edited by Alan_Romania (05/02/11 04:14 PM)

#222688 - 05/02/11 12:06 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Alan_Romania Offline

Addict

Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
Pity they didn't take him alive. So that he could answer for his misdeeds.

He is... he is being judged by the ultimate Judge.

#222689 - 05/02/11 12:14 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

I'm pleased/relieved we got him, but this isn't V-T Day.

Bravo to all the troops and intelligence operatives whose actions recently and in the past decade, made bin Laden's demise at U.S. hands possible.

#222690 - 05/02/11 12:18 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Dagny]
Alan_Romania Offline

Addict

Originally Posted By: Dagny

I'm pleased/relieved we got him, but this isn't V-T Day.

Nope, the media keeps mentioning the end... this ends nothing, just a victory that hopefully demoralizes al qaeda on the eve of their "spring offensive".

#222691 - 05/02/11 12:26 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Alan_Romania]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Nope, the media keeps mentioning the end... this ends nothing, just a victory that hopefully demoralizes al qaeda on the eve of their "spring offensive".

Or perhaps stoke rebellion and revolution in the Kingdom of Saud, much like Libya, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen etc... The timing of this announcement is impeccable as the potential for a US debt default looms.

Been noticing lots of heavy lift and transport aircraft flying in formation over Scotland recently making the USA, middle east track. frown

#222696 - 05/02/11 01:35 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
Jesselp Offline
What's Next?
Enthusiast

Loc: New York
I debated whether to post on this topic, but since someone beat me to it, here are my thoughts:

I always regarded Bin Laben very personally - as in he tried to kill ME, and did kill people I knew. I don't believe in celebrating death, but I have found myself quite emotional about the news.

In many ways my experiences on 9/11/01 are what led me here to ETS. The only reason for my survival that day was luck. Yes, I made good decisions, but people standing only yards away from me at the time the second plane hit - who had made the same decisions as me - were killed or maimed for life. I didn't like knowing that I owed my survival to luck, so I sought to educate myself, and found this great resource. (Note, there was little if anything I could have done that morning to take luck out of the equation, and I've made peace with that. Sometimes you will find yourself in a situation where either your time has come or it hasn't. Finding yourself in the middle of one of the largest terror attacks in history is certainly one of those situations.)

To bring things full circle, this morning I reminded my wife to keep her situational awareness up during her commute into NYC. No headphones on while in crowded places, etc. And we reviewed her plans for getting home to me and the kids if something bad should happen. She's much more prepared to handle adversity now, thanks to all I have learned on this forum. I hope she does not have to put the knowledge to use.

May God bless our troops, give our leaders this wisdom to navigate through treacherous times, and give our first responders the strength they will need to respond to whatever retaliation is thrown our way.

#222701 - 05/02/11 02:25 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Jesselp]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Jesselp
I always regarded Bin Laben very personally - as in he tried to kill ME, and did kill people I knew.

I lost friends and spent most of the day trying to find out if my mother had been killed (she wasn't). It's appropriate to take this personally.

#222712 - 05/02/11 05:40 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
The original post is a troll post in my opinion, or the original poster has got to be a bit more plugged in before he focuses on anymore equipment to survive. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh. Consider it tough love.

#222714 - 05/02/11 06:31 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: ireckon]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
This is the Campfire and the original post is not offensive or provocative or otherwise disallowed by the ETS rules, so I don't see a problem with it nor do I think it's a troll. If any of the responses become offensive or overly heated, then that's on them, not the OP.

As someone who experienced 9/11 from the streets of Manhattan, all I can say is that it's a good thing that bin Laden got what was coming to him.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.