Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#222978 - 05/05/11 01:10 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
A full debriefing takes time. In a stress filled situation everyone has a different idea of what happened. Just ask your colleagues to list what order people came to work this morning and you'll see 'just say what happened' can't be done.
The USA condemns other nations for displaying dead american servicemen; how could it then display OBLs?
And it would dispel no conspiracy theories. Only last week we were told the production of a long form of birth certificate would settle the birther issue; as soon as it was produced it was sudddenly worthless.
Besides if OBL was alive there'd be a video of him reading last nights news items out by now. You think Al Qaeda wouldn't take a chance to totally discredit the USA?
qjs

#222980 - 05/05/11 01:14 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: LED]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: LED
So you capture the mastermind of evil itself, and you don't interrogate him? Also, every single detail of the original story has now changed, no firefieght, only 1 guy with a weapon in a guest house, no wife sheilding, no weapon, etc. etc. If they were watching this operation live as reported, why would they give such a conflicting report? Are they intentionally trying to encourage conspiracy theories?? Geez. Just say what happened already.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...n-compound.html

CIA Director Panetta now says the live video feed failed for the entirety of the compound invasion.

Fortunately the mission proceeded more smoothly than the WH pr campaign.

#222981 - 05/05/11 01:47 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Once again forum members are hitting the roof over imaginary wrongs:

>So you capture the mastermind of evil itself , and you don't >interrogate him?

No one but yourself is saying this happened. Please provide details of the white house briefing where it was said OBL was captured.

>Fortunately the mission proceeded more smoothly than the WH pr campaign.

There is no WH pr campaign. Which bit of 'A full debriefing takes time' don't you understand?
qjs

#222985 - 05/05/11 02:15 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: quick_joey_small]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small

There is no WH pr campaign. Which bit of 'A full debriefing takes time' don't you understand?
qjs

There's always a WH pr campaign, no matter the POTUS.

If you don't understand that, you know very little about American politics.

#222987 - 05/05/11 02:56 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

>There's always a WH pr campaign, no matter the POTUS.

You are right. I phrased that badly. What I meant is that we can expect the facts to come out gradually. Something said initially later being denied, is evidence that debriefs take time; not them being unable to get their facts right.
qjs

#222992 - 05/05/11 05:03 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: quick_joey_small]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Quote:
You are right. I phrased that badly. What I meant is that we can expect the facts to come out gradually. Something said initially later being denied, is evidence that debriefs take time; not them being unable to get their facts right.
qjs

I was going to stay out of this discussion, but must respectively disagree with you on your position. While detailed debriefing may reveal additional “facts” or points of view, the overall sense of the mission, with the vast majority of the “facts” well known by those in the position of interacting with the media and public. Whenever there is major shifting of the “facts” one needs to look at the information being released with a healthy degree of skepticism. Many of us here have been involved with military, law enforcement or other disaster response operations to know that what actually happened is often at odds with the official line and has nothing to do with the process of debriefing.

While there may be some variations due to the fog of war, the individuals involved in this operation were well trained professionals who are quite capable of providing detailed objective reports. Additionally, I can almost guarantee that much if not all of the operation was video recorded and those videos have been reviewed dozens of times for comparison with verbal and written reports.

Just my 2 cents-
Pete

#222993 - 05/05/11 05:17 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

>Many of us here have been involved with military, law enforcement >or other disaster response operations to know that what actually >happened is often at odds with the official line and has nothing >to do with the process of debriefing.

I agree. But in this case the facts that keep being released are to the disadvantage of the administration. If it was all lies they'd have stuck with the first version.
qjs

#222994 - 05/05/11 05:38 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: NightHiker]
LED Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: NightHiker
Honestly I think the only people who care about the details are those who want to pick them apart for their own gain. The bottom line is that after nearly 10 years of telling the world that we were eventually going to get OBL dead or alive he's dead. Put check in the box and focus the attention to the next name on the list.

Respectfully disagree. Just trying to understand the logic. In my (uninformed) opinion, if you have the opportunity to capture the world's greatest intelligence asset, you do everything possible to find out what he knows. Lets not forget, he was largely responsible for our foreign/domestic policy for the last 10 years. And you're not going to find out what he knows? That seems either really stupid or completely incompetent.

Signed,
The professional armchair quarterback

#222997 - 05/05/11 07:03 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
6pac Offline
Journeyman

Loc: N.E. Alabama
It's sad to think, but I bet they consider him a martyr.

#223002 - 05/05/11 07:49 PM Re: Osama Bin Laden Apprently Now Dead. [Re: Frisket]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
After all this noise, I hope no one sees him walking the street somewhere.

Sue

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 289 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.