Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#21893 - 11/24/03 11:15 AM PSK Knife?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is one of those posts that keep being repeated with slightly different knifes. Sorry about this.

Has anyone tryed the Boker Magnum Air-light. here it is, far right, top row. It looks like a nice flat knife, and at £5 you can't really go wrong. I have no idea on its size or details though although it can't be very big.
Any thoughts?

#21894 - 11/24/03 12:21 PM Re: PSK Knife?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Details of Boker Magnum AIR-LIGHT from the boker site. Seems that it is cheaper from this site. From the details it looks a tad large for inside an Altoids kit but it does look like a very likely EDC for the front pocket. Nice and clean lines, light and simple. Though I wonder with the skeletonized handle would you collect pocket lint in parts that are hard to clean? For a EDC / PSK folder I am still enamored with the Classic KISS from Columbia River. A little more expensive but smaller and nothing complicated about this knife. After removing the pocket clip from this knife it would fit nicely inside the Altoids and it is Stainless so if stored with a good edge it should be fine when removed days - weeks - months later. For long term storage it might make sense to sharpen it than coat the blade with clear nail-polish (or camo if you prefer) to exclude any potential of corrosion from the iodine tablets in the kit or any water that might get in.

#21895 - 11/24/03 03:09 PM Re: PSK Knife?
bountyhunter Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
The Boker seems to have an open frame desigh with no backstrap or spring body on the back of the handle. If this is the case, lint will not be a problem since you can blow it right through the handle.

Bountyhunter

#21896 - 11/25/03 02:50 AM Re: PSK Knife?
Paul810 Offline
Veteran

Loc: NJ, USA
In my past experences with Boker they haven't been the best of quality knives. I would look into Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) knives like mentioned above or one of the new Kershaws (both can be found for less then $30 american) . I have had excellent luck with them. If you want something really nice, however quite a bit more expensive, look into Benchmades. You can find a 335 "Big Spender" for around $30-$50 and it has to be one of the best built production knives of that size I have ever seen. It is extremely flat even with the clip and is a great size.

#21897 - 11/25/03 02:59 AM Re: PSK Knife?
garrett Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
I am actualy thinking about adding a spyderco jester or ladybug. They will fit in an altoids can, I think, I will let you know when my wife's comes in. If I could get one to fit, I would add a delica to my kit. But since I have two PSK's I might get both.

Yes I am a spyderco fan!!

Garrett

#21898 - 11/29/03 01:47 AM Re: PSK Knife?
marantz Offline

If you're willing to give up a little more volume, a Spyderco Dragonfly Lightweight will also fit into an Altoids tin. It will also fit into the shorter Everest and Whitman's tins.

The Dragonfly offers a little larger handle and blade (flat ground AUS-8) than the Jester or Ladybug. It also has a pocket clip that might come in handy.

I also like Spydercos, and used to fly with them instead of my Sebenzas.

Just a thought........................marantz

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 495 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.