Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#291136 - 11/18/18 02:58 AM Re: Urbane Preparedness [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Originally Posted By: dweste
Okay, you have your basics covered: if push come to shove, yours will be one of the longest, most successful urban survival stories ever told.

But what about style? What about those things that make life worthwhile? What about those things, quirky though they may be, that bring a smile to your face?

Cone on, spill, what is in your stash that you know would make the others jealous if only the dumb #@! had thought to search them out and put them is their kit?

I would pack a journal, printed E-mail and everything that will tell my story. Even if my family or I do not survive, at the very least an archeologist will have fun trying to figure me out.

I'm still working on it. Currently, I have my story in two folders in the form of a copy of my friend's journal, printed E-mail, printed copies of drawings and a letter.

In a survival situation, the will to live can make the difference between life and death. I most likely will be surrounded by my family and hopefully some friends. Family or not, purpose goes a long way. Preserving our history is another. History is another way of saying, "We were here! Don't let our memory be erased! We mattered in the grand scheme of things."

Jeanette Isabelle

#291523 - 01/01/19 04:45 PM Re: Urbane Preparedness [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I did more editing [revove threads from the e-mail conversations] and therefore can combine the contents of the two folders down to one. The dimensions are 11 5/8 x 9 5/16 x 5/16" and weighs 13 1/2 ounces.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (01/01/19 10:13 PM)

#291552 - 01/05/19 02:00 AM Re: Urbane Preparedness [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
I did more editing [revove threads from the e-mail conversations] and therefore can combine the contents of the two folders down to one. The dimensions are 11 5/8 x 9 5/16 x 5/16" and weighs 13 1/2 ounces.

My story, which ends when I'm twenty-three (2009), is down to sixty-four pages, not including the letter. The thickness of the folder is down to a 1/4" and weighs 12 ounces.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291710 - 01/27/19 12:45 AM Re: Urbane Preparedness [Re: dweste]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: dweste
Okay, you have your basics covered: if push come to shove, yours will be one of the longest, most successful urban survival stories ever told.

But what about style? What about those things that make life worthwhile? What about those things, quirky though they may be, that bring a smile to your face?

If I had the money, I would include a laptop to write. I'm back to doing a single-writer story that I can get excited about.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.