Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#217346 - 02/17/11 03:58 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
Here's what I carry on my person whenever I leave the house:

In my pants pockets:

Folding comb
Benchmade folder
Mission Wallet

Mission wallet contents:

Credit card
Notepad
Couple of Bandaids
Plastic fresnel lens
Cash
Min ball point pen
Mini mechanical pencil
Ken Onion Chive folder
Sliver grippers
Maratac AAA flashlight

In my jacket:

Car key ring with:
Car Key
Res-Q-Me
DR Pico light
House key

EDC key ring:
Fox 40 Micro whistle
Swiss Micro tool
TerraLux AAA LED light
Spare AAA battery
CC peanut lighter
Coin cell LED light
Office keys

On my belt a DROID X smartphone.

The AAA spare battery holder is a battery stuck into a cable TV connecter cap with a fishing swivel and shrink tubing. The orange key ring is from County Comm with a piece of paracord sleeve cut to fit.

You might notice the reundancy/share factor here as I have two knives and 4 LED lights.

I carry lots of other staff in my traveling bags, cars, briefcase, etc.

#217348 - 02/17/11 04:04 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I like the idea of a separate edc key ring - without keys.

#217350 - 02/17/11 04:12 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
I used to carry all the key ring stuff on one ring but when the new car came with the giant fob which has to be slid into the dash I had to separate it all into two rings to keep from damaging the car's dashboard.

What's funny is when I'm just roaming around the house on the weekend I never remember to put a kife or light in my pocket. I end up leaving knives, lights and tools all over the house just to save me from walking up or down the stairs. Pretty silly.

#217508 - 02/19/11 04:02 AM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
in addition to my "psk purse" (as noted in previous posts, but with added small firesteel) I always have the following:

On my body:
-2 feet of cordage made into a necklace, with:
-micro photon
-mini harmonica
-my kids' birthstone
-wedding rings
-extra hair elastic
-watch with light

In my pockets:
-prescription glasses
-house keyring with micro photon, Fox 40, gerber clutch
-car key ring with Fox 40, micro photon
-crkt folder
-AA mag, extra set of batteries
-BIC lighter
-mag block with firesteel and scraper
-sunglasses
-pocket kleenex pack
-AMK ultralight FAK, triangular bandage and thin maxi pad
-emergency poncho
-bandana
-cash, coin and atm card
-pen and pencil
-family picture
-tylenol
-lip balm
-emergency contact card
-there's usually a headlamp with extra batteries, and a lanyard with at least a whistle on it too (leftovers from Scout hikes)
-water bottle

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#217509 - 02/19/11 05:59 AM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
Denis Offline
Addict

Loc: Calgary, AB
This is my urban EDC ...

On my keyring/carabiner I have a Fox 40 whistle and a Fenix E01 flashlight. I like using the carabiner because this way I can keep the vehicle keys all on their own individual key rings and just clip on the one I need for that day.

In my pockets I have a Leatherman Skeletool CX, a Buff, a small disposable lighter (mini Scripto at this point) and my wallet.

I've also shown a few preparedness related items from my wallet: some duck tape, safety pins, a P-51, an elastic, magnifying lens, extra transit tickets, band-aids and an emergency info card (displayed in a clear id pocket).

And of course there's the ubiquitous phone. Oh, and I guess I have my watch as well (didn't think of showing that; its an analogue chronograph).

I might have more, depending on if I'm bringing a backpack with me, but the above is what I have on my body almost without exception.

#217514 - 02/19/11 01:27 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
In my pockets:
-prescription glasses

They are in your eyeglass case, right? With all this in your pockets, what is in your purse?

Jeanette Isabelle

#217516 - 02/19/11 02:44 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Teacher -- Consider Steven's Every Day Carry Pocket Tools Components available from CountyComm -- No affiliation. I have a very similar cable ring attached inside my backpack.

#217532 - 02/19/11 06:00 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
In my pockets:
-prescription glasses

They are in your eyeglass case, right? With all this in your pockets, what is in your purse?

Jeanette Isabelle

yes, they are in a case. with my luck they'd be broken in a heartbeat.

i have never been a purse girl, so i'm prone to jumping out of the car without it. i've got a bunch of redundancies in my pockets. i'm very attached to my bag in the warmer months, when i'm less likely to be wearing pockets.

At risk of making the guys feel nervous about looking, here's what's in the "purse":

PSK Sharing Centre

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#217533 - 02/19/11 06:46 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
yes, they are in a case. with my luck they'd be broken in a heartbeat.

i have never been a purse girl, so i'm prone to jumping out of the car without it. i've got a bunch of redundancies in my pockets. i'm very attached to my bag in the warmer months, when i'm less likely to be wearing pockets.

Being in the city, I've always had some sort of bag which I keep almost everything. I don't have much in my pockets and when I'm not wearing them, I have my glasses in its case.

Jeanette Isabelle

#217535 - 02/19/11 07:10 PM Re: What is your every day carry? --part four [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
an option for those of you that carry multiple key ring sets...I clip my keys and a couple of EDC items to an Uncle Mikes law enforcement duty belt type key holder, heavy duty nylon band, and nylon snap...I maintained the locked chemical storage, and flammables cabinet in my area of the building, and had keys for them on a separate ring for security, and the use of my colleagues...I added a split ring to the nylon band of the key holder, and simple carabiner to attach the extra keys... easy to remove and secure in my desk at night... my Maxpedition phone holster is attached with another of the Uncle Mikes bands, and provides an attachment point for a larger flashlight if needed

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.