Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#216586 - 02/07/11 07:28 AM How do these kinda people get into shot show?
Frisket Offline
Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHRzakGAUY&feature=fvw

Isnt this kinda stuff heavily frowned upon? Just from the comments alone Im wondering if they were ever informed by Booth workers about their misconduct. If you watch more videos from them at shot show they clearly point at people and play with the firearms as if they were toys. They in fact dry fired 22's aswell which is a big no no. What are your thoughts on this?

#216589 - 02/07/11 08:39 AM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: Frisket]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Punks, or as they are known now, "mall ninjas"

#216590 - 02/07/11 09:17 AM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: hikermor]
Paul810 Offline
Veteran

Loc: NJ, USA
SHOT show is like any other trade show. The people and the products run the gamut from top notch to total waste. I'm sure it gets to the point where the people that work at these events get tired of dealing with stupid people and eventually just put up with it.

Reminds me of the last time I went to the New York International Auto Show. I can tell ya, it wouldn't have surprised me if someone tried to walk out with a Smart car in their pocket. Just about anything that was small and easily removable by hand was stolen off of the cars at the show. People would even find ways to steal stuff off of the cars that were locked up. It's to the point where the guys that run the booths will purposefully take everything out of a car that's somewhat easily removable, just to try to prevent theft. Frankly, I'm impressed that these same idiots aren't finding a way to steal firearms from SHOT. crazy

#216595 - 02/07/11 12:59 PM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: Frisket]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Just a sidenote, all firearms displayed at SHOT show have had their firing pins removed.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#216603 - 02/07/11 04:06 PM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: Frisket]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Kel-Tec are there to sell guns to make a profit, so I would expect Kel-Tec salesman would be quite happy at this guys happy grinning smiley face much like a Nintendo salesman sees when showing of a Wee for the first time. As for gun safety I've seen a lot lot worse by those that should know better.

#216613 - 02/07/11 06:42 PM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: Frisket]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
I cringe when someone breaks the Four Safety Rules. They're not hard to follow every single time. Regarding the idea of the firing pins being removed, that's irrelevant here because the Four Safety Rules still apply if you didn't personally disable the gun yourself right now. Anyway, the guy in the video no doubt has poor safety habits all the time. Due to muscle memory alone, someone who has good safety habits doesn't rest their finger on the trigger.

#216622 - 02/07/11 09:54 PM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: ireckon]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
You are absolutely right - follow the rules, no matter what has been done to the firearm. In my law enforcement training, the staff was apologizing for issuing us toy cap pistols (dorky!) for our practical training exercises, citing an instance where somehow a live round killed an officer in similar training, despite precautions at several levels - "Gee, I just don't understand why the firing pin was still in place. That is definitely against policy."

#216627 - 02/08/11 12:08 AM Re: How do these kinda people get into shot show? [Re: hikermor]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Strange. That kid didn't have a badge on. Probably snuck in.

I only recently found out about SHOT show so Im guessing that a badge is indeed required? In which case watching their other videos none of them seem to have any hint of a badge and theres like 3-4 of these kids.

Originally Posted By: hikermor
where somehow a live round killed an officer in similar training, despite precautions at several levels

Too True. Overconfidence and lack of regular safety checks is a major issue. Watching Nutnfancys SHOT show vids the firearms are almost always safety checked every time they are picked up from a display by the Booth workers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW9Imec_37Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Jump 2:48 Into the video if you dont wanna watch the whole thing. There is no Excuse for fanning a gun across a crowd and intentionally aiming it at people like it was a video game. I do not even do this with my paintball gun when there is No CO2 tank Or hopper on it. Its not only about safety its about being rude and inconsiderate to others around you.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.