Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#21547 - 11/19/03 01:22 AM BookList Lending Library
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
In an effort to get and stay organized, please just post books you are offering up for the library rotation here.

I suggest we start a thread for each book and log where it is and where it is going, discussion etc.

So the current 4 books in the library are:

1) Death, Daring and Disaster

2) How to Sh*t in the Woods

3) Cache Lake Country, John Rowlands 1947, 1959 edition

4) Cody Lundin's book, 98.6 Degrees - The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive!

#21548 - 11/19/03 02:16 AM protocol suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that we would be served by some codification of how we handle this library so ...

I suggest:

Anyone wishing to lend a new book to the library should start a new thread indicating that they have the book checked out.

Anyone wishing to borrow should post interest to that books thread and send a PM containing usps contact info and other pertinent contact information to the current holder of the book.

When a holder of a book forwards the book to the next member a post should be made to the thread for that book stating that the book is in the mail and to whom (no personal info in the thread just the members handle is fine) a PM should be sent to the next member in line indicating that the book is on the way and any pertinent tracking (ups, fedex etc) info if there is any.

Anyone holding a book is responsible for monitoring the forum for interest in the book that they are holding and for the postage of forwarding the book to the next member in line

Postage is expected to be cheapest available unless the parties to the handoff agree otherwise.

Should there be more than one member interested in the same book, requests should be handled in date order as recorded in the posts to the thread.

Is this agreeable? Is this complete? Any other suggestions?

#21549 - 11/19/03 02:24 AM Re: protocol suggestions
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
I think this is a fine start. I might add a couple of thoughts:

If the owner wants the book back, it can be so stated in that books thread and the book withdrawn.

If the book is somehow lost, it is lost. The exchange parties will do their best to trace it, but it is lost. Owner takes this risk.

Recommend/request/require tracking be purchased at each transfer of the book to allow best efforts for recovery of a missing book.

Shipping out of the US/Canada .......??????

Treat the books well, if you damage it please so state in the thread....owners again accept this risk.

Package it well for shipping, especially at book rate. This means padded corners, stuffed box, to prevent shipping damage. Brown paper around the book is NOT considered good packaging.

This will be fun.

Edited by Schwert (11/19/03 02:25 AM)

Moderator:  Blast 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 295 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.