Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21459 - 11/20/03 11:57 AM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
stargazer Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho, USA
Hello, RATSTR are you still with us? Let us know, Please.
yahoo news

#21460 - 11/20/03 11:59 AM Burak tell me that...
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
... you needed to buy another battery and fell asleep on the couch again. Please. I won't be mad I promise.

Matt

#21461 - 11/20/03 01:01 PM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Burak,

Just heard the news- as, obviously, have others here.

I know that in times like this an on-line forum may be the furthest thing from your mind, and that it may be days before you read this even if you were not personally affected.. but we are thinking of you and your family, and hoping for the best.

#21462 - 11/20/03 01:43 PM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
dBu24 Offline

Loc: IL
And today they did it again. Nothing to do with faith,or struggle of the opressed and nothing: that's pure wickedness and hatred towards a world they don't understand.

Their masters are not poor people, just mad types who cynically abuse the ignorance of their followers by brainwashing them and telling them whatever stories, all in order to advance their personal interests. Not decent nor reasonable folk for certain.

Any measure against terror? Hard to find a sure cure for all, just don't sink into gloominess or despair: that's their aim.

Sorry to learn thatTurkey is their new target- Hope they find out rather quick that you don't fool with Turkey.

#21463 - 11/20/03 02:19 PM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Burak,

Just to let you know I'm praying and hoping all is well.

Hope you and your loved ones are ok

#21464 - 11/20/03 02:22 PM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Once again, we must hope you and your family are okay. While I would not presume to know or represent the religious, spiritual or philosophical beliefs of the members of the forum, I have to trust that all offer their prayers in your country’s time of need. Pete

#21465 - 11/21/03 07:34 AM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
ratstr Offline
@

Loc: Dardanelles
Dear friends,

Many thanks for your messages. Yesterday we were all shocked with the news of two big explosions. After checking out with news and radio hams, and also a member of our local rescue team member who works very close to the British Consulate I left work, picked up gear and got to the scene. I am a senior rescue officer for British Civil Defence so I went right into the Consulate. Nothing except the main building which is far from the gate and very strong was in one piece. I don't want to write about the details as they are beyond human mind. It took twelve hours of work.

I am fine with normal wear and tear from heavy work but nobody is feeling OK and we are all sorry. 4 bombs in 5 days. What next?? We all don't know. We are all paying the price of poor policies.

Burak

#21466 - 11/21/03 07:43 AM Re: Burak tell me that...
ratstr Offline
@

Loc: Dardanelles
You are right Matt we need lots of luck. Better be lucky than rich as my rescue boss says all the time. Becoming more intresting.

Burak

#21467 - 11/21/03 11:51 AM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Burak, glad to hear you are okay! Sorry for what you are going through, take care of yourself.
Joey

#21468 - 11/21/03 12:29 PM Re: Lucky?? Yes I am.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to hear you're OK! Glad that such prepared and civic minded folk as you are on hand to help out. There must be a bunch of folks there that feel that way to! Know that you make a difference by effort and example! Keep your spirits up the world needs more like you helping out as things become more unstable.

[OFF-TOPIC WARNING]

Quote:
We are all paying the price of poor policies.

Which policies are those? The policy of destroying property, killing innocents, creating chaos and distruction adhered to by the terrorists? The policy of indifferent unfair competition verging on imperialism followed by the "first -world" countries in thier persuit of "fair trade"? The list goes on........ Is any of this new? At the bottom of it all is human avarice for power and resources. The ongoing competition for the top spot on the hill that starts in kindegarten and becomes ever more onerous as individuals attain greater influence and might.

[\OFF-TOPIC WARNING]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 518 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.