Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#212249 - 12/02/10 11:37 PM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: NightHiker]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca
Originally Posted By: NightHiker
I dont know if ya'll caught this HE hoarder in Escondido or not but I guess the authorities deemed the house too dangerous to clear and blew it in place eek
(ok they actually burned it down but that doesnt sound nearly as cool)

well actually the burning is scheduled for next week.

i might be mistaken, but haven't there been controlled burns in the forest that have gotten out of hand? recently?

and here we have a controlled burn WITH explosives.

i sure hope it goes ok.

i'm glad i don't live near there.

i just read the link in the above post.

i'm really glad i don't live near there.

even the firefighters are staying 300' away when this bad boy is lit.

they're not worried about an explosion, they're going to burn the chemicals. look out downwind!

Edited by bsmith (12/02/10 11:43 PM)
Edit Reason: read link in above post which posted while i was writing this

#212251 - 12/02/10 11:41 PM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I hate to say it Alan, but I agree- it was odd that it was glued down. (Not hating to say it becuase it's you, but because it is a sign of the times.)

Now, does DPD's bot not have a disruptor (shotgun, waterjet, etc)? Little robot vs big robot, loser might not be as obvious as it seems.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#212255 - 12/03/10 12:02 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: ironraven]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

How would be the Denver Police cope with suspect Bomb Dogs? The bomb dogs not glued to the spot could potentially be more dangerous than the ones glued to the spot.

#212257 - 12/03/10 12:16 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: ironraven]
Alan_Romania Offline

Addict

Loc: Arizona
Ironraven,

I don't know the why and how of EOD TTPs, but all the "render safe" operations I have been on recently where a package or device was destroyed explosives were used rather then a "disruptor". I am not sure why, but I am sure the EOD guys have a good reason.

#212260 - 12/03/10 12:46 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Alan_Romania]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: Alan_Romania

IEDs have been popping up across the country

I agree it's rather unusual, but maybe extreme.

And, yes, IEDs have been all over the place, since some genius figured out a pipe bomb, mail box bomb, or fertilizer in a U-haul. Nothing new.

#212262 - 12/03/10 01:01 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Blast]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
What's stranger to me is seeing so many people confidently calling the bomb squad's actions ridiculous based only on what they read in the article.

#212263 - 12/03/10 01:04 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Blast]
dweste Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Central California
I doubt we are going to learn what threat protocols are in place. I doubt the media coverage is complete or completely accurate, perhaps for good reasons.

#212271 - 12/03/10 02:15 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Blast]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I'll bet the bomb squad guys start finding little plastic robots in their lockers and set on their cars, beginning immediately.

You know what went through Blast's mind when he read that, don't you? You know you do.

Sue

#212272 - 12/03/10 02:17 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Blast]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Likely some kid dropped, lost his/her robot nearby and some helpful person put it up where it would be more easily spotted by someone looking for it. You see that a lot with hubcaps, mittens, and hats.

Everyone must conform and fit in or they, and their luggage, will be shot, tased, thrown to the ground, beaten into submission, and probed. Not necessarily in that order.

#212276 - 12/03/10 02:27 AM Re: Denver police: Protecting you from THE UNKNOWN!! [Re: Susan]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: Susan
I'll bet the bomb squad guys start finding little plastic robots in their lockers and set on their cars, beginning immediately.

You know what went through Blast's mind when he read that, don't you? You know you do.

Sue

Time to buy glue and toy robots!!!
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.