Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#182892 - 09/23/09 11:10 AM Re: Mini EDC Personal Survival Kit - (Pic Heavy) [Re: 7point82]
EchoingLaugh Offline

Loc: MO, On the Mississippi
[/quote]

Those look rather promising. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. Since I rarely venture into convenience stores; are there particluar chains of stores that seem to carry them? [/quote]

i have seen them at wal-mart and walgreens. in the isle where they have cigs/tobacco. Walgreens usually has them here.(MO) pm me i can drop one in the mail for ya.
I have an extra.

#182893 - 09/23/09 11:20 AM Re: Mini EDC Personal Survival Kit - (Pic Heavy) [Re: EchoingLaugh]
7point82 Offline
Addict

Loc: Orange Beach, AL
Thanks EL!
I'm just down I-44 a ways so I'm hopefull that the Walgreens or Walmarts around here will have them too. I appreciate your offer and if I can't find one I might take you up on it. Thanks again.

#182894 - 09/23/09 11:21 AM Re: Mini EDC Personal Survival Kit - (Pic Heavy) [Re: SwampDonkey]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
Thanks EL, I have never seen a djeep lighter here in Northern Ontario but I will watch for them.

Mike

You will see the in Quebec. That is about all I saw in Montreal three years ago after the TSA stole all my Bic's....

RIP OBG

#210928 - 11/05/10 06:53 PM Re: Mini EDC Personal Survival Kit - (Pic Heavy) [Re: SwampDonkey]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Old thread wake up...

Holy cow, the original poster has got to have some skill! He has everything he needs in a tiny little setup.

#211080 - 11/09/10 03:00 PM Re: Mini EDC Personal Survival Kit - (Pic Heavy) [Re: ireckon]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Thanks ireckon,

I still carry the same kit, but find it missing 1st Aid, water and shelter components. The best thing about the kit is that it is always with me, a middle-aged guy carrying a cellphone in a black nylon holster is normal. The Gerber STL 2.0 knife I use daily, the lighter a couple times a week and the diamond sharpener maybe once a month (usually for other peoples blades).

I did both a week of moose and week of deer hunting this fall and found that my recently built small survival kit in a BCB Mini Mess Tin was too heavy and large for pocket carry, therefore it rode in my backpack with the shelter kit. This made me feel less that prepared on my person, even with my normal on-body wilderness EDC items present. I ended-up also carrying a supplemented AMK/DK PSP in my coat pocket.

Since there was no cell phone service I did not carry my Mini-Kit so I am going to assemble a new small kit in a medium-size tobacco tin (a little bigger than an Altoids Tin) and carry that in a slightly larger Nite-Ize pouch similar to the one used in the Mini-Kit. That way I will always have the kit with me and it is easy to move from one set of clothing to another.

Sounds like another mid-winter project to me.

Mike

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 390 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.