Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#206723 - 08/25/10 02:37 AM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: Dagny]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
EMS has them as cash register impulse item, as do a couple of the local places around here.

Bit more expensive, but so much better made- I've nudged a few people towards them by showing off mine. I really should get commision at the gear exchange... *grins*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#216593 - 02/07/11 12:55 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: BorkBorkBork]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: 62208
Sorry for the renewal of an old thread, but I ordered one from Ebay and I was pleased with the seller, but I had the same problem as Bork. I bent the connectors out and I had light for about 30 seconds and then nothing... I know the batteries arent dead, I had to keep bending the connector out in order to get any light at all, and I dont want to break them, either the connectors are too soft, or I am missing something, is there any other possibility for this mishap? any help would be appreciated! and they do look really nice on the zipper of a RealTree camo hoodie, just as a decoration!

#216594 - 02/07/11 12:57 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: sybert777]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: sybert777
Sorry for the renewal of an old thread, but I ordered one from Ebay and I was pleased with the seller, but I had the same problem as Bork. I bent the connectors out and I had light for about 30 seconds and then nothing... I know the batteries arent dead, I had to keep bending the connector out in order to get any light at all, and I dont want to break them, either the connectors are too soft, or I am missing something, is there any other possibility for this mishap? any help would be appreciated! and they do look really nice on the zipper of a RealTree camo hoodie, just as a decoration!

Contact Essential Gear for a warranty replacement:

www.essentialgear.com
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#216604 - 02/07/11 04:25 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: BorkBorkBork]
JerryFountain Offline
Addict

Loc: St. Petersburg, Florida
Be careful when removing the plastic battery protectors from the battery packs when you replace them. I broke one off when I first replaced the battery. With my old eyesight I missed that one of the disks broke off the tab. I have one that resides in my watch pocket and is used at least 2 or 3 times each day. Although I have lots of other flashlights, this one is always with me. I bought 30 Pico's over a year ago and gave lots of them to friends and family. Out of the bunch one of them had the battery protectors in it.

Great tool and great company!

The best,

Jerry

#216653 - 02/08/11 12:37 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: BorkBorkBork]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

I called them, and they replaced it, I feel like that rips the company off, Chris was a big help, and it was very appreciated. I'm wondering if the metal ring that contacts the flashlight body isn't, that would explain basically all the problems I'm having. Could I use aluminum foil?

#216855 - 02/11/11 12:41 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: BorkBorkBork]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

Update: The light arrived yesterday, and I was very pleased! Chris, the customer rep. I called shipped the light, which I ordered in titanium, and I really like the color. Chris also shipped a 2 pack of batteries with the light, which I thought was really kind! Now I have replacement batteries and a sort of working PICO, I used a small strip of aluminum foil and it works, although its harder to turn, and turns on when not tightened as much as the other, I am very happy! Thanks Chris and everyone at Essential Gear!
P.S. I called E-Gear back when I recieved the light, luckily Chris answered again, so I didnt have to ask for him, but I told him thanks, and I guess I owe Doug and ETS a thanks as well, if it werent for you, i wouldnt even know about this awesome little light!

Edited by sybert777 (02/11/11 12:43 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot something...

#216864 - 02/11/11 03:54 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: sybert777]
JerryFountain Offline
Addict

Loc: St. Petersburg, Florida
Originally Posted By: sybert777
Now I have replacement batteries and a sort of working PICO, I used a small strip of aluminum foil and it works, although its harder to turn, and turns on when not tightened as much as the other, I am very happy! Thanks Chris and everyone at Essential Gear!

What are you using the aluminum foil for? All 20 or so I have used work very well without any help.

Curious,

Jerry

#216946 - 02/12/11 04:41 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: ironraven]
boatman Offline
Addict

Loc: Michigan
The local Boy Scout Council (Grand Raoids) has them in in their store.They are in a candy type jar by the cash register.Priced at $2.99....

#216951 - 02/12/11 05:53 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: boatman]
rebwa Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: boatman
The local Boy Scout Council (Grand Raoids) has them in in their store.They are in a candy type jar by the cash register.Priced at $2.99....

Are you sure those are the DR eGear lights? The DR lights come in a little plastic storage tube and the lights are marked Ritter eGear. My local outdoor store has them by the cash register too but not for $2.99. The DR lights are nice little lights. I have several in kits and on key chains.

I did pick a similar looking light up at Cabela's for $2.99 but it was next to worthless compared to the Ritter eGear and Streamlight Nano.

#217004 - 02/13/11 04:42 PM Re: Bought an eGear Pico LED Zipper - not impressed... [Re: BorkBorkBork]
boatman Offline
Addict

Loc: Michigan
Not sure.The batteries are in the same type of housing.They have a key ring instead of the clip.For $2.99 I figured what's to lose......

BOATMAN
John

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Ren, Jeanette_Isabelle), 423 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.