Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#204690 - 07/14/10 03:41 AM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: capsu78]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

One of these days police will be called to check out an office building where none of the people working there came home. Inside they find:
Four armed security guards who were conducting a realistic training exercise simulating heavily armed Arab radicals taking over an office building.

Five armed citizens who thought they were under attack by terrorists and each 'took action' to defend themselves on their own.

Two malcontents who, as the sound of shooting echoed, independently decided this was the time to act out their last stand fantasies.

Twelve people who seemed to have got caught in the cross-fire.

One goof who knew about the drill but figured he could play a joke on the armed bully who worked across the hall by stumbling into his office with his shirt streaked with catchup and staging a death scene and ranting about how the Muslims were after him times to coincide with the guards wearing turbans and fake beards storming into the room firing blanks.

#204712 - 07/14/10 03:29 PM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: Art_in_FL]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California

#204724 - 07/14/10 09:22 PM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: ireckon]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Given that a I'm very selective as to what videos I download, more a matter of a slow connection than a refined pallet, could you sum up your point in, words, print?

#204729 - 07/14/10 10:51 PM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: ireckon]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (07/14/10 10:56 PM)

#204731 - 07/14/10 11:52 PM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: Art_in_FL]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
Given that a I'm very selective as to what videos I download, more a matter of a slow connection than a refined pallet, could you sum up your point in, words, print?

The point is to provide real cases involving armed citizens who faced criminals/terrorists. The videos are relevant to the topic at hand. Each video has its own summary in words if you don't want to download/view the video. There is no inappropriate content.

#204759 - 07/15/10 10:31 PM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: ireckon]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Quote:
The point is to provide real cases involving armed citizens who faced criminals/terrorists. The videos are relevant to the topic at hand. Each video has its own summary in words if you don't want to download/view the video. There is no inappropriate content.

Given that the discussion at hand involves an inappropriate exercise gone wrong and your videos involve "armed citizens who faced criminals/terrorists" they aren't IMHO really "relevant to the topic at hand". But I think I can your foursquare behind the standard, NRA approved, 'guns are good' stand.

I'm not really concerned, so much, with viruses, I've got fairly good protection, and "inappropriate content" doesn't worry me at all because I'm not easily offended.

#204761 - 07/15/10 10:58 PM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: Art_in_FL]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Given that the discussion at hand involves an inappropriate exercise gone wrong and your videos involve "armed citizens who faced criminals/terrorists" they aren't IMHO really "relevant to the topic at hand". But I think I can your foursquare behind the standard, NRA approved, 'guns are good' stand.

People grounded in reality would prefer to learn from real cases, rather than from a fantasy written by an anonymous anti-gun dude on the Internet...just sayin'.

cool

#204777 - 07/16/10 04:55 AM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: ireckon]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

What real cases? Those are nothing but self serving hearsay. Right up there with the 'there I was' stories you hear drinking beer down at the VFW.

People are going to see and say what inherently makes them look good and whatever aligns with their preconceived assumptions. Careful investigation and physical evidence seldom fully supports such claims. Your framing of the cases as 'citizens versus criminals/terrorists' overlooking that both sides are usually citizens and the accounts only reference one side of the story.

People grounded in reality realize they are more likely to come home one day and find a relative has shot themselves, or to accidentally shoot their relative, or blow their own brains out than use any firearm to defend themselves again anything but their own inner demons.

... just sayin'

An overemphasis on firearms is always a sign of weakness.

#204780 - 07/16/10 05:10 AM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: Art_in_FL]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

An overemphasis on firearms is always a sign of weakness.

Anyway, back to the reality of the topic at hand...

The language of violent criminals is physical strength. Historically, violent criminals don't respond to pontificating, reasoning, standing still or whatever other strategy you may be fantasizing. A highly effective way to handle a violent aggressor is with overwhelming force. That's why cops and the military carry guns. A well-trained person with a gun is physically strong, and they are equipped to speak a violent criminal's language. It's really that simple.

If my mom were in intensive care, helpless, then I hope someone there would be equipped to counter a violent criminal who was terrorizing my mom's living space.

What real cases? Those are nothing but self serving hearsay. Right up there with the 'there I was' stories you hear drinking beer down at the VFW.

LOL...Wha? crazy

#204782 - 07/16/10 05:35 AM Re: Hospital could face fine over terrorism drill [Re: ireckon]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Guns are not the only useful weapons in existence. The original scenario could have gone really bad if one or more of the 'victims' had acted defensively. Suppose one or more of the people involved had been ex-cops or recent ex-military?

An unexpected ending like that certainly would have been a puzzle for the lawyers to sort out, wouldn't it?

Sue

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 267 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.