Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#203923 - 06/25/10 07:11 AM Re: MAKE DO !!! [Re: sybert777]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

( Ask a Soldier,I'll bet they'd be more than Happy to Hook you up with some Paracord,or at least point you in the right direction )

LOL. More likely it will make him ask
( Why do you need it ?? Show me some ID. )

So, no thanks.

Actually the culture of being prepared is not really much understood among most of humans, regardless of whatver geographical region. In the old days, yes, people were prepared, but they didn't call it "preparedness" or "survival". They just called it "way of life". Now that all these convieniences are around us, very few people undetsand why you need to store food or water, much less anything else.

A few weeks ago, I was in a worship gathering and the clery man asked ( why does ANYONE have to carry a knife in his pocket ?? ) and my hand automatically felt the folder in my pocket while my thoughts wandered around this strange world.

The clergy was talking about a crime that happened recently when a neighborhood decided to take matters in their own hands and start a campaign of "cleaning" up the streets. So, a man stopped a wrecklessly driving teenger and started advising him to drive carefully and not endanger the elderly and kids and telling him that he should in fact be a positive member of the society. The answer he received from the boy was several stabs in the chest. Hence the clergy question : Why was that boy carrying a knife to begin with ?? and why does ANYONE have to carry ???

Oh, well.
Sorry, I have hijacked my own thread . LOL

The objective of this thread is actually the skill of MAKING DO. If we find ourselves in a hard/emergency/survival situation, most likely we have to manage with what we have on hand. No matter how much better a RAT or Cold Steel knife is , the $ 10 knife I have in the kitchen has to do. Our mothers have manged for years using nothing but locally made knives that - in todays flashy knives - will be directly thrown in the trash.

#203980 - 06/27/10 05:44 AM Re: MAKE DO !!! [Re: Chisel]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hey Chisel,I'm sorry! I didn't even contemplate the fact that,there are still Com-Bloc countries out there,somewhere!If you can email me with your address,I will be happy to hook you up with some Paracord!The Pilsner is on me,Brost!!!

#203989 - 06/27/10 05:20 PM Re: MAKE DO !!! [Re: Richlacal]
chickenlittle Offline

Loc: Canada
Make do is what lets me keep my PSK small simple and cheap.

#204073 - 06/29/10 01:05 PM Re: MAKE DO !!! [Re: chickenlittle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.